MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Haven't got access to admin/index.php (Forbidden 403)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm about to flip out like I have never before...

For a week or so I'm trying to fix this problem, so this is my final destination. If this also can't help me, I'm probably done with this all...

So first of all: I imported the Duende V2 Forum as a new Theme. Everything was OK until I tried to translate some stuff into German from the Admin Panel. I then received this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

I researched a bit and found out, that editing the xml and reimporting the xml also works. So that's what I did, edited the xml (translated stuff into German) and reimported it as a new Theme. Everything's fine with that now. But when I try to make some (not every) changes, it gives me the same error again.
First case: Trying to edit how many stars certain groups have: EVERYTHING works fine here. I can edit the numbers.
Second case: Trying to edit the font of the Administrator group:
I want to change this
<span style="color: green;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>
to this:
<span style="color: red;"><strong><em>ᵃᵈᵐᶤᶰ{username}</em></strong></span>

When I try to save the changes from the Admin CP, I get the same error again.

Third Case: Trying to edit the font of a custom group (Supporter group):
I can easily change (with no problems) this:
{username}
to this:
ˢᵘᵖ{username}

but I can't change from:
{username}
to this:
<span style="color: green;"><strong><em>ˢᵘᵖ{username}</em></strong></span>

--> Getting same 403 Forbidden Error again.

What I tried:

Using the .htaccess file brought with the installation of my MyBB Forum (renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess)
Contacting the domain host (they told me, that no security measures are met, which should deny such actions)
Checked the rights in FTP of the admin folder (all files and folders are CHMOD 755)

I hope you guys can help me a little bit out. If there is no other solution for my problem, could anybody tell me, where I can edit the groupfonts on my FTP Server?

Any help is REALLY appreciated

Sincerely

edit: I'm on MyBB 1.8.9
Your best bet would be to check the error logs on the server if you have access to them, as it should say something specific about what caused the error. With things like 403s, it's the server that doesn't like something about the request you're making, it's not MyBB specific as such. Assuming you're on shared hosting, hosts often do have things set up to try and block certain requests, and it's also pretty common for hosts to deny it's their issue (hosting companies are often the worst for "not my problem" syndrome), only for us to eventually prove it is (a classic example of this recently is caching, had several occasions where the host has said "not us", for me to then find it is them, and they then disable what they had set up), so I wouldn't completely rule the hosts out until we can see what's in the error logs.
(2017-01-01, 10:32 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Your best bet would be to check the error logs on the server if you have access to them, as it should say something specific about what caused the error. With things like 403s, it's the server that doesn't like something about the request you're making, it's not MyBB specific as such. Assuming you're on shared hosting, hosts often do have things set up to try and block certain requests, and it's also pretty common for hosts to deny it's their issue (hosting companies are often the worst for "not my problem" syndrome), only for us to eventually prove it is (a classic example of this recently is caching, had several occasions where the host has said "not us", for me to then find it is them, and they then disable what they had set up), so I wouldn't completely rule the hosts out until we can see what's in the error logs.

Sorry for such a newbiesh question, but where do the log files get saved?

Greetings and THANKS for the answer i really appreciate any help after this point
Do you have cPanel installed? If you do, I think it's under 'raw logs' or something similar.
(2017-01-02, 12:12 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have cPanel installed? If you do, I think it's under 'raw logs' or something similar.

What is cPanel and how do I install it..?

Sorry, I'm really new to all this stuff.

Greetings
Sorry I should have worded that better, cPanel is the control panel that is often used by hosting providers to let you manage your site. Do you have access to some sort of control panel with your hosting?
(2017-01-02, 12:48 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I should have worded that better, cPanel is the control panel that is often used by hosting providers to let you manage your site. Do you have access to some sort of control panel with your hosting?

I've got this Panel: CentOS WebPanel 

and can't find anything corresponding with the logs...