MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really having massive problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I uploaded the files from zip file mybb_1809 and tried to use the Apart 1 theme which is meant for 1.6. I kept getting a really annoying warning message above the forum whenever I logged into it, something like this :

Quote:The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 462 my_date
/index.php 18 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 463 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 469 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 469 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 469 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 469 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 846 my_date
File Line Function
/index.php 176 my_date
File Line Function
/index.php 177 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/index.php 302 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/index.php 302 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.0 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/index.php 302 my_date
File Line Function
/index.php 303 my_date

Theforum did not work properly, so I tried installing 1.6, which the theme is meant for.
Now I can't navigate around the ACP, it keeps logging me out. I have uninstalled everything again. Here is the url: ontic-philosophy.com
I have PHP 5.6 and 7.1 and 7.0 to choose from.
I want to run the Apart1 theme, how should I go about this?
Thanks to you all in advance.
You don't want to be using 1.6 just for the sake of a theme, we don't support 1.6 here any more. MyBB 1.8 has coloured themes as standard, they can be enabled in the ACP, the Apart themes were basically made default.

As for the error, it's because MyBB isn't compatible with PHP 7.1 just yet, however if you run on 7.0 it should be fine. But please use 1.8, not 1.6 Smile
Thanks so much Matt - your enlarged third cycloptic eye has departed much wisdom my way Big Grin

I just dropped all the tables from my database too, so fresh start. I really like the Apart 1 theme. I will play around with what is in there, they looked pretty good anyway.
I had to take a second to think about what you meant then! Big Grin

When you're back up and running, if you go to ACP > Templates & Style > and edit the default theme, there will be a dropdown at the bottom to change the colour scheme - this will list all the colour schemes the Apart themes for 1.6 came in. You can then create several themes based off the default theme, one for each colour, if you want a choice.