MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB right for me? / Installer / helper required.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I am going to operate a non-profit, non-commercial site for British citizens only.

I am looking for answers below, but also for someone who can install and maintain the board for me (updates, technical issues, new add ons, etc.) - of course, for a fee! I would prefer someone who is community minded and has their own forum(s).

First, I need to find out if MyBB is right for me. I very much like the https / security aspect, but would need help setting that up.

1) Search engine friendly. Long / word URL's and a sitemap.

2) I need a forum with blogs / articles and forums. Preferably where popular forum posts can be migrated at blogs.

3) I want polls for each and every new thread, (check, I can see mybb does that)

4) I want users to gain ranking, 4 levels.

5) UK user registrations to be automated, but with first x posts moderated.

6) Non-UK registrations need to be manually approved, again with first x posts moderated.

7) I need a good anti-spam system (known forum spammers blocked, bespoke registration questions asked - I want one such bespoke field not to be auto-assessed for registration - I just want to see their answer in the new member email I get sent, so I can see how they answered).

8) I want certain country IP address ranges blocked (from using any posts / forms) (block China, India, Pakistan, etc.)

9) Warning system - I want to be able to gradually (or instantly) ban people based on warning points.

10) Ideally, ultimately (wish list for later), I would like PayPal integration (so people would pay to register). And where I can include a ban by PayPal account (so a banned user can not simply use a different email, etc. - the ban will extend to their PayPal account.

Thanx if you can help
(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I am going to operate a non-profit, non-commercial site for British citizens only.

I am looking for answers below, but also for someone who can install and maintain the board for me (updates, technical issues, new add ons, etc.) - of course, for a fee! I would prefer someone who is community minded and has their own forum(s).

Do you have more information on what the site is about? Can PM if you like.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]1) Search engine friendly. Long / word URL's and a sitemap.

Google SEO should meet your needs for this,

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]2) I need a forum with blogs / articles and forums. Preferably where popular forum posts can be migrated at blogs.

Would depend on how you'd see this looking/working - it would be possible to have a plugin that pulls certain threads out to another page and display them in a blog/article format.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]3) I want polls for each and every new thread, (check, I can see mybb does that)

Easy enough for a plugin to force one to be created too.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]4) I want users to gain ranking, 4 levels.

Default feature.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]5) UK user registrations to be automated, but with first x posts moderated.
6) Non-UK registrations need to be manually approved, again with first x posts moderated.

Would need to decide on best way to accurately determine country, Cloudflare has functionality for this.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]7) I need a good anti-spam system (known forum spammers blocked, bespoke registration questions asked - I want one such bespoke field not to be auto-assessed for registration - I just want to see their answer in the new member email I get sent, so I can see how they answered).

Has reCAPTCHA/No CAPTCHA support, stop forum spam integration, security question (meant to stop spam, answer set in ACP), possible for plugin to send email containing answer if required.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]8) I want certain country IP address ranges blocked (from using any posts / forms) (block China, India, Pakistan, etc.)

Would typically do this at a server level rather than an application level.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]9) Warning system - I want to be able to gradually (or instantly) ban people based on warning points.

Default feature.

(2017-01-02, 10:46 AM)Spes Wrote: [ -> ]10) Ideally, ultimately (wish list for later), I would like PayPal integration (so people would pay to register). And where I can include a ban by PayPal account (so a banned user can not simply use a different email, etc. - the ban will extend to their PayPal account.

Doable as plugin.
Thanks Matt. PM sent.
Hello
Is anyone interested in installing and setting up my forums? Then updating / fixing as and when necessary. I have some previous experience with forums, but limited time. This is for a non-commercial forum for post-Brexit political / electoral change in the UK; you hear so many Brits say "I do not feel represented by any (political) party" (I have no intention of becoming a political party, just providing a platform for moderate people to be hopefully heard. The site is spes.org.uk - Spes is the goddess of hope. When Pandora opened the forbidden box out of curiosity, allowing all the evils of mankind to escape, she realised her mistake and tried to close the lid quickly, but alas she was too late, and worse she trapped hope alone in the box.

Any possible takers? Of course, I expect to have to pay.
Been a bit stretched for time, will get back to your PM later today Smile
Did you ever manage to find someone for this? I can help you out.