MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reporting Post 'Other' - "The selected reason is invalid."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's quite a lot. I recently upgraded to myBB 1.8.9 but assume this wouldn't flag them as template changes.

I've attached the list in the txt document.
report and/or report_reasons will almost certainly be the cause of the issue you're having - revert these to default, or view a diff report on them to manually apply the changes you need.

I believe the upgrade script does say to check this section after upgrades to see what changes have been made, otherwise bug fixes, and sometimes even security fixes, won't be applied. It's the same thing that caused your issue here: https://community.mybb.com/thread-207213.html

I'd suggest you spend some time going over all of these as you'll likely have further issues with so many outdated templates.
Is there any reason why there might be so many changes as I have here?

The reporting issue I was having has now been resolved. I did this by reverting the two templates back to their originals, out of interest i've included the original and updated codes below.

From report_reasons:

<tr>
<td class="trow1" align="left" style="width: 25%"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->report_reason}</strong></span></td>
<td class="trow1" align="left">
<select name="reason" id="report_reason">
<option value="rules">{$lang->report_reason_rules}</option>
<option value="bad">{$lang->report_reason_bad}</option>
<option value="spam">{$lang->report_reason_spam}</option>
<option value="wrong">{$lang->report_reason_wrong}</option>
<option value="other">{$lang->report_reason_other}</option>
 {$reasonslist}
</select>
</td>

From report:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if($("#report_reason option:selected").val()option:selected").attr('data-extra') != 'other')1)
{
$("#reason").hide();
}

$("#report_reason").change(function()
{
if($(this).find("option:selected").val() if($(this).find("option:selected").attr('data-extra') == 'other')1)
{
$("#reason").show();
return;
}

$("#reason").hide();
});
// -->
</script>
It depends what theme you're using, how many templates you have customised, and how many versions you've updated - if the theme was made for 1.8.0 for example and came with customised templates, those templates would be the the same as they were on 1.8.0 so you wouldn't have had any of the changes since, unless you went though this process.
Pages: 1 2