MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: weird icons in footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set a new login form that "drops down". And it added the search icon to every link in the footer for some reason. The issue only affects guests where the javascript for the dropdown is loaded. The site link should be displayed below this post as the "Website" link for my profile.

Dropdown Login:
[Image: zgvckk.png]

Issue in footer:
[Image: lcmtyj.png]

Code for dropdown login:
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
jQuery.noConflict();
  $(".logbar").hide();
  $(".logbut").addClass("plus").show();
  $('.logbut').toggle(
      function(){
          $(".logbar").slideUp().slideToggle("fast");
          $(this).addClass("minus");
          $(this).removeClass("plus");
      },
      function(){
          $(".logbar").slideDown().slideToggle("fast");
          $(this).addClass("plus");
          $(this).removeClass("minus");
      }
  );
});
</script><br />
<div id="logincontainer">
<span>Welcome to Sinful Forums. <a href="#login" class="logbut show_hide"><u>Login</u></a> or <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register"><u>Register</u></a>?
</div>
<div class="logbar">
<div class="arrow" style="border-bottom-color: #272727;"></div>
<form action="member.php" class="loginform" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$url}" />
<label>Username: </label>
<input type="text" name="username" value="" class="textbox"/>
<br /><br />
<label>Password: </label>
<input type="password" style="margin-left: 6px;" name="password" value="" class="textbox"/>
</span>
<br /><br />
<input type="submit" class="button" value="Login" tabindex="3" />
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw"><u>Lost Password?</u></a><br /><br />
<label class="smalltext" title="If ticked, your login details will be remembered on this computer, otherwise, you will be logged out as soon as you close your browser."><input type="checkbox" value="yes" checked="checked" name="remember" class="checkbox"> Remember?</label>
</form>
</div>
It's being inherited from:
#header ul.menu li a

In the css.

You can remove the background image in said css id.

BUT this will likely remove the top header links sprite images though I'm not quite for sure.

You can also just recode those links in the footer to just be links, instead of a bunch of <li>'s.
(2017-01-03, 02:45 AM)Nicole-Studios Wrote: [ -> ]It's being inherited from:
#header ul.menu li a

In the css.

You can remove the background image in said css id.

BUT this will likely remove the top header links sprite images though I'm not quite for sure.

You can also just recode those links in the footer to just be links, instead of a bunch of <li>'s.

Ended up stopping with the list :/