MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Disable/Uninstall Askimet? Error Fatal error: 'continue' not in the 'loop'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, this error has just started appearing when I am trying to view the list of Plugins from the ACP. I cannot see any plugins because of this error:

Fatal error: 'continue' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /var/sites/b/berlingoforum.co.uk/public_html/inc/plugins/akismet.php on line 512

Around that line (where 'continue;' is line 512 itself):

if($mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore'])
 {
$akismet_uids_ignore = explode(',', $mybb->settings['akismetuidsignore']);
if(in_array($usergroup, $akismet_uids_ignore))
{
continue;
}
}

Could someone assist in getting this plugin either disabled or manually uninstalled? Or to fix the issue itself.

Many thanks
What PHP version are you running? The continue is in a while loop so should work...
Hi Matt - i'm currently running v7.0
Hm, I misread, it's not in a while loop... okay, in ./inc/plugins/akismet.php, lines 512 and 518, change:

continue;

to:

return;
Thanks as ever Matt - that's done it.
No worries - just checked and we don't even include Akismet in MyBB now (I didn't realise), have you upgraded your PHP version recently? it's likely it used to work in an older, less strict version of PHP, but a newer version has disallowed this code, and since we don't seem to maintain the plugin any more it's not been fixed.