MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [XThreads] Predefine the subject based on input fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have been testing around with xthreads and everything is working out fine so far. There are only 2 things that I did not get to work so far:

1. Predefine the subject.
I would like to remove the subject input field when creating a new thread and simply replace it by text consisting of values of other thread fields.

Example:

Lets say there is an application form. The first custom thread field is "Your Name" (key: "name"). And the 5th is what he is applying for, "Prefered Position" (key: "position"). Now for this example I will use "Ben Hill" and "Engineer". And I want the subject to be this:
"Application by Ben Hill for: Engineer"
The format would be this:
"Application by {$GLOBALS['threadfields']['name']} for: {$GLOBALS['threadfields']['position']}"

How do I do that? Or is that even possible with XThreads?

I hope I was able to explain what I want

Now, my the other issue I have is not that important:

2. How do I predefine polls? Lets go back to the example. He posts that and automatically the thread includes a poll with predefined options running for a predefined time (example: a poll with 2 options: "accept" and "deny" running for 14 days). I do not need any restrictions on that, like only specific usergroups being able to vote or anything.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!