MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is the 1.8.9 upgrade fixed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed others having a few problems with the latest 1.8.9 upgrade. Have all those problems been fixed and a new Changed Files Package issued?

If not.

#1 Will there be a new Changed Files Package issued.

#2 Will I have to run the upgrade and then go and make all the changes. (If so can someone point me to all the extra work need please)

#3 Am I as well just waiting for 1.8.10.

I always wait a couple of weeks to let these problems to get found by more experienced users before going for an upgrade and I don't like messing with files, so for me the best option would be #1 a new changed files package.

Thank you.
Current 1.8.9 packages do not contain the JavaScript issue patch described here - manual fixing is limited to replacing 2 files and changing one template using the ACP.

We strongly discourage delaying the upgrade whenever vulnerabilities are addressed (security releases) - at the very least you should apply security fixes, in this case: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/24f6...3c0fa92f37

Having mentioned problems in mind we'll be aiming at releasing 1.8.10 soon (possibly with PHP 7.1 compatibility fixes attached).
Thank you for the quick reply.

I'll have a go at it on a test forum first. I just don't like messing to much since getting problems a long time ago after an upgrade on 1.6

In future should these sort of problems occur would it be possible to add the fixes to an updated Changed Files Package to make it easier for people like me with not so much knowledge?

Yes I know I should know more, but I don't and I'm getting old. I just want to run my forum the easiest way possible and get upgrades done quickly and simple.

Thank you for all that you do at MyBB and offering it for free I appreciate it.

Smile
(2017-01-04, 04:55 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]In future should these sort of problems occur would it be possible to add the fixes to an updated Changed Files Package to make it easier for people like me with not so much knowledge?

Packages were being patched in the past, but the template system designed as it is and reduced availability of some Team members pointed us toward 1.8.10. The number of radical changes to the 1.8.x branch should be decreasing so hopefully future releases won't cause as much confusion.
Thank you, I've just got everything updated and all is working well.