MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Timestamp incorrect in posts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am on 1.8.7.

Today I noticed the timestamp was wrong, but off by 2 hours (2 hours later than they should be).

It was fine until today.

The default timezone offset, and the Daylight savings time options, are correct.
Can you check the time on the server itself?
(2017-01-05, 08:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check the time on the server itself?

I can connect via an FTP client (later this evening).  But I don't have SSH access.

Is there a way to check via FTP?
(2017-01-05, 08:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check the time on the server itself?

(2017-01-05, 09:44 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]

I can connect via an FTP client (later this evening).  But I don't have SSH access.

Is there a way to check via FTP?

Bump?
Try putting this in a test PHP file:

echo date('H:i:s', gmmktime());

This should display the current time in GMT - if it doesn't, it sounds like the server time is wrong.
I got this message:

+++++++

Strict Standards: gmmktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in [...] on line 3
21:48:03

++++++++

The timestamp that it printed appears to be 2 hours ahead of my time zone.

But, that error message makes me think something went wrong.

So I added another line but just used time().

Both returned the same time.

So, does it sound like the server time is wrong?

If so, what should I say to my host?
(2017-01-05, 08:08 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]I am on 1.8.7.

Today I noticed the timestamp was wrong, but off by 2 hours (2 hours later than they should be).

It was fine until today.

The default timezone offset, and the Daylight savings time options, are correct.

The same thing happened to me. Now everything is fine.
Just ask them to check it is correct and they should know what to do.
I know that the MyBB Group worked on some timezone related fixes (See: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commit/1561...86ed06644a) which will make it's way into MyBB 1.8.10. If you want to be a brave soul like me you can keep your MyBB updated on a daily basis by keeping track of commits and and manually applying things. Or you can wait a month or two and hopefully MyBB 1.8.10 will push out their easy update Smile
Those changes are just to typecast some values to floats to fix PHP 7.1 compatibility, they won't help this issue.
Pages: 1 2