MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Install MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can anyone tell me how to install MyBB 2.0 and where from I can download it?
You can't, it's not even remotely finished. The code is on github and you can run the composer installs to get it running in its current state, but it's not even at alpha stage yet.
Thanks, what command will be used to install through composer?
(2017-01-06, 03:41 PM)shahva.khan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, what command will be used to install through composer?

"composer install", but the current code is aimed at developers.
(2017-01-06, 04:35 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-06, 03:41 PM)shahva.khan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, what command will be used to install through composer?

"composer install", but the current code is aimed at developers.

I remember you said last year was supposed to have released alpha or even beta. Anyway I hope this year is the year. The developer version is not at all functional on VPS.
Feel free to contribute if you would like to see it released sooner Smile
What a joke
(2017-01-07, 05:34 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]What a joke

The problem with free software, ladies and gentlemen.

1) This is free software, built by developers in their spare time. Not something like XenFailoro; where they actually earn money and therefore can contribute daily to the project.

2) MyBB 1.8 still has to be maintained. Time, resources, etc.
Not everybody hangs around here for free software. People who make empty promises should rather not contribute to open source.
(2017-01-07, 06:17 AM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]People who make empty promises should rather not contribute to open source.

It's "open" source. Open is the operative word. Open as in "to the world". Go on, submit a pull request if you're that desperate to have a new piece of software.

1.8 works fine as it is, as an interim measure.
Pages: 1 2 3