MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with changing user name style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have follow the tutorial from here https://community.mybb.com/thread-73891.html
to change the user name style .

It work at index and forum display but in the thread it does not change .
All the member name are same style in the thread .
Any one can give me a answer ?
Where should i need to check for the problem ?
what will cause this problem ?

[attachment=38144]   [attachment=38145]

Thanks in advance .
You might need to link us to the link of the forum.
Anyways, this could be commonly caused of a tag in the postbit that causes all username styles to be the same. If you have HTML/CSS knowledge you should be able to do it alone. If you don't then it'd be better if you post the forum link here or PM it to me so I can help
(2017-01-08, 03:54 PM)Krados Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to link us to the link of the forum.
Anyways, this could be commonly caused of a tag in the postbit that causes all username styles to be the same. If you have HTML/CSS knowledge you should be able to do it alone. If you don't then it'd be better if you post the forum link here or PM it to me so I can help

Sorry for late reply .

Quote:If you have HTML/CSS knowledge you should be able to do it alone.
That why i request for help , just because i dont have that knowledge Toungue .

Quote:If you don't then it'd be better if you post the forum link here or PM it to me so I can help
Sure i will pm you my forum link and hope to get your help .

Thanks n advance.
Alright, in the CSS, specifically the below line of code, there's this style which forces your username into becoming the color showing up.
.author_information em {
    color: #9cf;
}
If you want the original username color to show up, you should remove that style from your CSS.
(2017-01-11, 05:12 AM)Krados Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, in the CSS, specifically the below line of code, there's this style which forces your username into becoming the color showing up.
.author_information em {
}
If you want the original username color to show up, you should remove that style from your CSS.

Thanks , you saved my time  Smile

Can I have one more request from you .
About the search user name , how to make it clear ?
Currently the background and words is same color , i try to find the code before but not success .
Can try on the advance search and the register page referrer column

[attachment=38173]
(2017-01-11, 04:35 PM)MyFaith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-11, 05:12 AM)Krados Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, in the CSS, specifically the below line of code, there's this style which forces your username into becoming the color showing up.
.author_information em {
}

Thanks , you saved my time  Smile

Can I have one more request from you .
About the search user name , how to make it clear ?
Currently the background and words is same color , i try to find the code before but not success .
Can try on the advance search and the register page referrer column
Replace the contents of select2.css with the contents of this bin:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EAQxY7cf
Tell me if it's all good with you.