MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL problem i think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just kinda started my forums to test out themes and work on them, although this keeps coming up every 20 mins or so. Usually when I'm doing something as well like adding a new group
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:9002 - Max connect failure while reaching hostgroup 1001Query:SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache Please contact the [url=https://mybb.com]MyBB Group[/url] for technical support
Not sure if this is a problem related to my webhost or the actual forums.
Ask your hosting to make the log size bigger
I'm using a free hosting service at the minute, so chances are they won't, I have quite a decent amount of files on my server, would deleting others help?
Is nothing to do with anything you've got uploaded, it's purely a server issue. Too many connections are being made to the MySQL server, so it's failing. There could be hundreds or even thousands of sites hosted on the same server all using the same MySQL server, this is the issue with free hosts.
If you are ok with switching to a nonfree webhost, I'd recommend Siteground. I have been with them since 2010 and they have been amazing. They respond to any ticket I create quickly; even if it is in the middle of the night. They also run the latest technology.