MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signatures lenght setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB Version 1.8.9
Length limit in Signatures
The maximum number of characters a user can place in a signature. Set to 0 to disable the limitation.
When i try to change this and then save settings, it resets back to default 9.
Could you PM me login details for an admin account, and to access your database please? You're the third person to report this issue (values being reset to 9) but none of us have been able to reproduce the issue, I'm keen to try and debug on your setup to try and track down what the cause of this is.
I just deal the forum for someone else sadly can't share these as not having that permisson, however i can debug anything if guided.
I also noticed almost all settings are set to 9 not just this one.
Hm, is it something you'd be able to find access details for? It'd be a lot easier to debug myself rather than relaying instructions each time and not being able to directly see results.
sadly i can not provide these, i updated to latest and this still happens.
also i did clean install 1.8.10 with xampp and the same issue happens.
the steps i follow:
Go to: board settings, show all settings, change some from "Forum Display Options" and save.
Recheck "Forum Display Options" and you see them set to 9.
If anyone else can comfirm i can open github issue too.
We've since confirmed this issue, it should be fixed in 1.8.11. It only affects the 'show all settings' view.