MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems uploading image files to forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I sent over the login details via pm Matt. Did you get them ok?
I did, however I forgot to look at it last night, my apologies Smile I will do this tonight.
Thanks Matt.
Could be another issue with 1.8.9. First thing I would do is upgrade to 1.8.10.
Replying back in the thread now for the benefit of others Smile

It's what one of my first hunches was, it's a memory limit issue... when the script runs, it seems to think the memory limit is 2MB, but when I view a phpinfo page on your server, the value for memory_limit is 536870912, which is strange, it's usually a value like 16M or 32M. Could you ask your host if this value is correct (it may have changed with PHP 7.1 but I doubt it), if it's set like this intentionally, and if it can be raised?
Still getting the same issue after carrying out the One.com recommendation to revert to PHP v7,0 so I've just sent a support request via email to One.com. Hopefully will get a better answer than via chat support. I'll let you know their response.
Just a quick update Matt but unfortunately getting nowhere with One.com. I have an ongoing support ticket with them but they don't seem to be able to do anything and are taking ages to deal with my concerns.

Today in desperation I completely deleted the site, including the database and re-installed it fresh, thinking I must have made a mistake. I used the very latest version of MyBB v1.8.10 and PHP v7.0. I earlier tried PHP v5.6 and v7.01 with no joy. The issue is still there with the default theme so definitely not my FunkyOne theme. Has to be a server issue but One.com seem clueless at the moment.

My son tried to add an image file to a forum thread on my site and actually got an error message after about 5 minutes of just a blank screen:

"Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

Does this help at all Matt?
Sounds like the same thing - if they're really that bad at getting back to you, you may need to find an alternative host, it should be a really simple thing for them to fix.
After much testing it seems any image larger than approx. 800 x 500 px in size will result in a blank page when trying to add to a forum topic. Certainly files of 1024 px will fail every time. After multiple image upload tests on the same topic I got the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40960 bytes) in /customers/9/7/c/alpenaustria.com/httpd.www/inc/functions.php on line 291

Is this a MyBB error or server error do you think Matt.

One.com are also suggesting that the image size limitation that I mentioned above is not something that they can control at their end and are pointing to MyBB. Any thoughts?
It's the same thing I said originally, the memory limit. It's not anything to do with specific sizes, it's just ones of a certain size inherently require more memory to process, and your limit is still too low. The error is the same as I've said each other time, it's a PHP memory limit issue, as per the error message itself, "Allowed memory size exhausted", which is a server issue. If they think it's an "image size issue", they're either not understanding the problem, or they don't know what they're doing. It's not specific to image uploading, you'd have the same issue with any process that needs more than 2MB of memory. Again, the issue is that the memory limit on the server is far too low. Ask them to increase it to a more standard 32MB, and if they are unable to change a PHP memory limit (which should have been a 2 minute change not something spanning 6 days), move hosts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4