MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme updating problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I've been using this forum software ever since I launched my site, and I love everything about it. Almost everything..
Today I wanted to make a new theme. I created a template set, I made the theme, and started editing.
Editing worked for most of the properties. At some, even after I edited the properties, and hit submit, the original values are kept. For example, in Bottom menu, I want to change the background color to #a9a9a9, I hit submit, and then when I try to view the theme or edit it again, it's the original colour (#efefef), and it is very frustrating, as I can only keep the theme partly-finished.

Any help regarding this matter is deeply appreciated.
I seem to be able to edit the value successfully. Are you possibly checking the "Revert Customizations" checkbox in the bottom left corner of the box by accident? That would cause the default section values to be restored regardless of any new values entered.
Thanks for the reply Smile.
Nope, the revert customizations isn't checked, because there was no customization (as I said, it keep reverting to the original values).
Now, a thing I saw is that now I get default values in every theme I try to modify Sad

EDIT: ok,here's an interesting thing..All the properties above Bottom menu can be changed. But the others can't.
Seems that nothing will work, not even upgrading to 1.2.8. Isn't there another way of editing the theme outside the ACP?
You can edit it directly using phpMyAdmin but I would try to find the reason... Have you already tried it with a different browser?
Yep, with IE. And it's the same. And I have absolutely no clue why.
How can you edit the theme in phpmyadmin?
I've never done this...There should be a table called theme...
You can also try to save your theme information in a css-file. There is a option in the server-options.
Don't edit themes via the database and don't edit theme CSS if you're caching it to files - you'll break the themes editor.

Can you visit the PHP Info page in your Admin CP and see if you have the Sohusin PHP patch installed?
suhosin? yeah,it's installed.
and if I set CSS to be saved in files, can I edit it with normal text-editors?

ok,another thing..I did the store in files thing, I edited the theme,and when I tried to upload or edit by cpanel, it had errors Sad. Mybb hates me.
Can you take a screenshot of that Suhosin configuration area and upload it here?

I have a suspicion that it is the cause of the problem.

Chris.
Pages: 1 2