MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I hide the Admin user?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just installed a MyBB forum, and I want it to be as secure as possible. I renamed the admin directory. I made the sure the Admin user has a long, random alphanumeric username and the password is even longer, with special characters in it. Imagine my dismay when I opened my shiny new forum page and it says, "Welcome to our newest user... [AdminUserName]". And even if I create a new user so it welcomes someone else, the Admin username is still there in the list of users.

What am I missing, here?
Don't have the person's display group be an admin. This will make it so they appear as a regular member and I believe showteam.php uses display group for generating the list.
Thanks for the response. I just disabled the member list entirely. Don't really need it anyway.
Just creat a new usergroup like Registerd usergroup and set the admin permission .
How to renamed the admin directory ?
Does it have any tutorial ?
I want to change but scare will damage the forum .
(2017-01-10, 04:01 PM)MyFaith Wrote: [ -> ]How to renamed the admin directory ?

You will rename the admin directory and then you will edit config.php where it has the admin directory setting.
(2017-01-10, 04:56 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-10, 04:01 PM)MyFaith Wrote: [ -> ]How to renamed the admin directory ?

You will rename the admin directory and then you will edit config.php where it has the admin directory setting.

Hi Deatives , can you open a new thread on tutorial .
I may like to learn more about it .

Thanks .
You might also try some of these ideas: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...rotection/
(2017-01-10, 06:03 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You might also try some of these ideas: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...rotection/

Thanks for this useful link , i will try it .
Yeah what people have done in the past is create a new usergroup with no username styling, give that group ACP access, create a user with a usual name and put that in the new group, then remove ACP access from the main admin group. It then looks like you're the admin, but you're not.