MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Failed to open stream: Permission denied - Line:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this message and I heard I need to set permissions to 644. How do I change it?
Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/jFUu3Vd.png

I cannot upload other plugins because it says Failed to open stream: Permission denied - Line:

Which file do I set permissions to 644 please?
anon_rep.php

The path to it is in the former part of that error line.
I fixed it thanks by the following command on putty: s udo chm od 0777 -R /var /www
(2017-01-11, 01:18 AM)VIPMinecraft Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it thanks by the following  command on putty: s udo chm od 0777 -R /var /www

CHMOD it all back to 644. CHMOD 777 is asking for trouble.

If you're still getting permission errors, CHOWN www-data:www-data -R /var/www

Don't chmod 777.
You definitely don't want the entire file system to be 777. By default, folders should be 755 and files should be 644. Only a few folders and files need anything more than this, the issue you had was the permissions seemed to be more restrictive than usual, all you needed to do was change it back to the default, not grant all permissions to absolutely everything.
(2017-01-11, 12:41 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You definitely don't want the entire file system to be 777. By default, folders should be 755 and files should be 644. Only a few folders and files need anything more than this, the issue you had was the permissions seemed to be more restrictive than usual, all you needed to do was change it back to the default, not grant all permissions to absolutely everything.

So how do I fix it back cause now my forums is all open