MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passsword reset doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
in the german forum no one can help me, so i try my luck here.

Since i change the Board to 1.8.8, the password reset dosent work.
When a user forgot his password and say send me a new one. He gets a password but this password is wrong. It makes no matter with which browser he use this function. IE, Google, Safari.
When i change his password in the ACP, the user can log on. And every thing works fine.

I have upgrade the forum to the 1.8.9 the problem continues.

Thanks
Greetings Werner
A way around this would be to set it so they get sent the link and then are taken to your board and are given the option to set a new one themselves.
Hi ben,

thank you for your answer, but can you explain me what i must configure for this option? i didn't find this.
Thank you.
My problems with password resetting in 1.8.8 turned out to be that it was no longer possible to log in with email address instead of user name. The posters who were having trouble were all trying to log in with their email address. Once they switched to user name it worked fine.

At first I tried setting the settings to once again allow logging in with email address as well as user name, but as I had users who had multiple accounts attached to the same email address the system wouldn't allow me to use that setting. When I checked the configuration it was back to user name only.
Maybe you could try and use LastPass in the future. Well it certainly helps me because i change my passwords very frequently.