MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to record Netflix Original Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a big fan and collector of series, in particular any kind of fantasy or science-fiction ones. My current favored is the Netflix original serie Stranger Things. However I would like to save this on my hard disk, for my collection and private use. Who knows how long this serie is still available in Netflix. Regarding to this subject I'm currently searching for a well working video streaming recorder to capture, convert and save Stranger Things and also other series and movies I like.
Anybody knows if there is a possiblity to do so? If someone also has some contributions about legality, would be excited to hear about, because this issue is not completly clear to me yet.

Thanks for any comments!
Cheers
If your graphics card support it, you will be able to capture what's running on your screen.
Netflix added the option to download to iOS/Android devices... (For iOS 8+ and Android 4.4.2+) so if you've got one of them you could always download to that then try to transfer the file to your computer afterwards.

Alternatively you might be able to use a program like Open Broadcast System to capture the video/sound. (I've used it in the past to record my gameplay of Starcraft 2 and 20XX.) So it does work to capture audio and video. I don't know how well it would work to capture things from a browser/screen otherwise though... So you might have to experiment with it and find out.

Legal-wise since you have a valid Netflix account you shouldn't have any issue if you download it from them that way. I am not sure about if you use a screen capture method though. (I want to say it's a grey area because you could probably use a DVR or something on a TV to do the same thing. And where it's true you're paying for the subscription then you are legally entitled to watch the content since your subscription goes to cover the cost of that content. But at the same time you're still using another method to capture the data and format it for unintended uses. I don't think it's quite like with a DVD or Blu-ray where you are legally permitted to make a backup copy for archival purposes either. )