MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgraded 1.6.8 to 1.8.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think most complaints can be managed, as they are style or template issues.

However, one that is a showstopper but did not appear until live forum was updated. I'm not going backwards, but this is a problem and I'd like help to get it fixed. I have double-checked the inline-moderation fix is in place. When it was broken on the test site, it showed up as quoting problems, but these seem to be fine.

A Quick Reply post most often refreshes at the correct position at the bottom of a thread, but sometimes it shows up #2 in the sequence. Example below: post #7 is between #1 and #2.

Showthread template is default, except for alternate tborder class removing border.
I have asked for members to test the Default theme which is mostly unchanged theme or templates.

[attachment=38181]
We have now released 1.8.10. You should upgrade to that.
I understand 1.8.10 is out. But does it fix something that would cause this problem?
Of course you know it is not trivial to upgrade a live forum.
I've already seen that there are some new problems with it.
I wouldn't mind trying to fix the one.
Can you help?
It could possibly be a issue with 1.8.9 as we had quite a few javascript issues. If you follow the upgrade procedure you can block the forum off so only you can access it.
This is the upgrade script for 1.8.10. Does this mean it is strictly a file replacement activity?

* Upgrade Script: 1.8.9
*/

$upgrade_detail = array(
"revert_all_templates" => 0,
"revert_all_themes" => 0,
"revert_all_settings" => 0
);

@set_time_limit(0);

/* Nothing to do for 1.8.9 */

In post https://community.mybb.com/thread-205313...pid1249965

(2016-10-23, 05:12 PM)talkbasket Wrote: [ -> ]The issue took too much time to resolve so we did what user Towers suggested in another thread - made a new install and replaced data in SQL tables to have users, posts etc. It solved all of the problems that we were having. Though a new issue appeared - when making a reply by using "Quick Reply" box, the new post does not automatically show even though the message appears that it was successfully posted. You can only see the reply if you refresh the page. This happens on the default theme too which hasn't been modified by us.

When the Quick Reply post is made but it does not appear, we have found it is in position 2 of the thread. Refreshing the page redraws in the right sequence.

Upgraded to 1.8.10. Problem still exists.
When the Quick Reply post is made, it goes to position 2 in the thread list. A refresh puts it in the correct position.
It will be a template issue, your best bet would just be to revert them all to default.
(2017-01-13, 12:35 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]This is the upgrade script for 1.8.10. Does this mean it is strictly a file replacement activity?
No. You need to run the upgrade script to update templates and settings.
It appears to be in the theme.
Regardless of what one would hope or wish to try to do,
It is not possible in any way, shape or form to take a 1.6 theme
and expect it to convert to 1.8 theme without major work.
Might as well start from scratch.

In this case, the problem appears to be related to trying to
shoehorn 1.6 container, wrapper and content overlapping.

Not solved, but needs more work.
Should have stayed on old until something broke.
Yes, this will be the case with all themes - lots of new features means template changes, but most popular themes would have been updated or new ones made instead.