MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Almost all numeric values greater 9 are set to 9 in "Show All Settings"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since MyBB 1.8.9 there's a bug in /admin/modules/config/settings.php: If you click on "Configuration->Settings->Show All Settings" and then on "Save Settings", all numeric values, which are greater then 9 are set to 9 which renders a forum almost unuseable because for example even the "Maximum Message Length" is set to only 9 characters:

[attachment=38186]

On the other hand, if you use only a single "Settings Group", the bug oddly enough is not hit.

I've verified the bug, I've installed a brand new MyBB 1.8.8 where all config changes are working as expected, a new MyBB 1.8.9 or 1.8.10 shows the bug described above.
Could you PM me FTP database login details so I can debug this? We've had a few reports of this but none of us have been able to reproduce it, I'm not sure if it's an environment issue or something else, and when I've asked other users for access it hasn't been provided, so been a bit stuck regarding trying to debug this.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2619

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Sorry, I forgot my test forum was on a slightly older version, I can reproduce now. I don't think the other threads mentioned that it happened with the 'show all settings' link before.