MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox not displaying new messages without a manual refresh anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This used to work fine.

On one PC, I instantly see the posts when I type a new message, in Shoutbox.

On another PC, I tried in both Firefox and Chrome, and I don't see the new messages without doing a manual refresh.

What could be wrong?

This latter PC is my home PC, so it's more important that it works.
Do you have a link? Could be a lot of different things wrong, both with the site and your pc. I'd guess that it was something on your pc but again, no way to tell for sure from the minimal info given.

And by used to work fine, when was "used to?" What have you done to the site or your computer since then? Which shoutbox are you even using? What version of MyBB are you running?
(2017-01-14, 04:54 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link? Could be a lot of different things wrong, both with the site and your pc. I'd guess that it was something on your pc but again, no way to tell for sure from the minimal info given.

And by used to work fine, when was "used to?" What have you done to the site or your computer since then? Which shoutbox are you even using? What version of MyBB are you running?

By "used to", I mean over summer, in July.  That was the last time it was used.

Last weekend, I updated to MyBB 1.8.9.

I am on DVZ Shoutbox (2.3.1).

Link:  http://sacramentokingsforum.net/
Bump?
Can anyone please help?
Reason for this problem could be the tapatalk plugin.
 <!-- Tapatalk smart banner body start --> 
<script type="text/javascript">
    if(typeof(app_ios_id) != "undefined") {
        tapatalkDetect();
    }
    </script>

<!-- Tapatalk smart banner body end --> 

(2017-01-20, 08:22 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Reason for this problem could be the tapatalk plugin.
 <!-- Tapatalk smart banner body start --> 
<script type="text/javascript">
    if(typeof(app_ios_id) != "undefined") {
        tapatalkDetect();
    }
    </script>

<!-- Tapatalk smart banner body end --> 

Thank you.  What should I do?

Is there a file I should change?
Disable or uninstall Tapatalk plugin and try if it is the reason for your problem.
I'm using tapatalk plugin also with the DVZ Shoutbox (2.3.1), and for me it auto refresh as normal.
Don't think tapatalk plugin realy is the problem.
(2017-01-20, 08:31 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Disable or uninstall Tapatalk plugin and try if it is the reason for your problem.

Thank you. I tried uninstalling Tapatalk but it didn't help.
Pages: 1 2