MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Fix inline Moderation Tools for 1.8.10 (3rd Party Themes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please note that these steps should not be necessary if full upgrade instructions have been followed, and you visit the 'Find Updated Templates' section in the Templates section of the ACP after an upgrade to manually apply changes to edited templates.

I just wanted to do a thread to help out users who are experiencing this frustrating error while upgrading to 1.8.10

Read and Follow through Matt's thread https://community.mybb.com/thread-206896.html on how to fix the error with 1.8.9 version of MyBB. Make sure you make all changes including general.js file involving the cookies code. If you already fixed the cookies from 1.8.9 you should be good (I did not need to do it after upgrading to 1.8.10, but always expect different results). 

The only change from his thread is to change this code in the headerinclude templates:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1809"></script>
to
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1810"></script>

I think this issue is affecting users with custom/downloaded themes. However, they fixed this issue with the default theme when you upgrade to 1.8.10. I hope this helps and reduces headaches of the staff. 

Note: If the theme author updates your theme, they might have resolved this issue for you. However, if the theme author is busy or abandoned the project, this is how to solve it. Also, to the staff members you can move this thread to tutorials (pm me so I can adjust this for any version as future upgrades occur that you guys cannot fix because of numerous themes out there).
Moved to tutorials.

It's frustrating that this happens with 3rd party themes, but there was no other ay we could implement the feature.

Note that it's only an issue if the theme comes with a modified headerinclude template.
Moved to 1.8 General Support and Stuck. We will keep it here for a few weeks while people resolve their issues, thanks for the help Big Grin