MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can one retrieve username and password from a MySQL database backup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to know if one can retrieve username and password from a MySQL database backup?  I opened it in notepad and I can see emails etc., but not admin pass and login, what i would like to retrieve from it.

I have only the database of my site, but I lost the credentials, and the site has been removed from the server, so nothing left there.

Now I did upload the DB into another site and installed it. I got to users and have the encrypted version of the password and the salt password, like:  

Password: 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6  and 
Salt: zFx4c2Pn

Can these be decoded into the password?

Thanks
Passwords are stored as a hash. Hashes cannot be reverted to plain text.
Yes, if you crack it.
Surely if you've uploaded it to a new site you could just use the reset password functionality? Alternatively, if you have database access you can just change the password manually by copying the hash and salt from a user you do know the password of.
Yeah. Thanks for the comments.
That's it really. Nothing else to it. Move to new host and reset pass or copy hash/salt from other account I know user/pass of.