MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.3 to 1.8.10 Update, Language usermaplang is not installed ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm following the instructions to update from 1.8.3 to 1.8.10.  
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/

# site is offline with the .htaccess
# the download was the FULL
# all files where uploaded
# I selected the correct starting version for the update (1.8.3)

Half way through the install script I get this error and it seems to be doing nothing now.   Been sitting here for about 40 minutes.

Updating Database
Performing necessary upgrade queries...
Language usermaplang (/home/content/51/8106951/html/forum/inc/languages/usermaplang) is not installed

The front end is still DOWN, stating that I have an install folder...so I assume the site has not upgraded.

I'm DOWN.   
Angry

I checked the original 1.8.10 files in the zip file and there is NO file named usermaplang either!!   So it was not missed when I FTP'ed all the files.

Any ideas here?  
Thanks,
Eric
This isn't a default file, sounds like it's from a user map plugin, appears that when you uploaded the new MyBB files, it's removed this file. Reupload it from the plugin and start the upgrade again.
I think I found the problem. There was a file named usermap.lang.php in the language folder. Not sure why/how or what that was from, but once I deleted it I was able to complete the install again. Hopefully that didn't screw things up running the install twice.
The upgrade script can be run as many times as you like, just won't actually make any changes the second/third/etc time round Smile
It is always wise to use the option to disable plugins before performing an upgrade so it doesn't try and load files it doesn't need. That can cause problems such as this.