MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which windows OS would be the best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi experts.

Totally newbie on mybb.
Any advise will be appreciated.

I'd like to make a forum for my team. 
The forum is for general discussion and number of members are about 30 people.

What is the best windows OS for this forum?
Do I need a windows server?

Thank you.
You don't need windows server for MyBB installation and I will suggest going for windows 10 as I love it Smile
(2017-01-19, 02:55 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need windows server for MyBB installation and I will suggest going for windows 10 as I love it Smile

Do you think win 10 is good enough for dozens of people access simultaneously?
To host MyBB, don't use Windows. The overhead isn't worth it.
(2017-01-19, 03:48 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]To host MyBB, don't use Windows. The overhead isn't worth it.

problem is I only know windows not linux or sothing similar  Sad
(2017-01-19, 03:52 AM)guntae Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-19, 03:48 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]To host MyBB, don't use Windows. The overhead isn't worth it.

problem is I only know windows not linux or sothing similar  Sad

Google it, then? - it's not that hard!
Use CentOS for hosting purpose as it is compatible with everything you need for a successful web site. If you are unable to perform tasks by command console you can install any free web based control panel like VestaCP to hel you in managing website.
You're asking the wrong question. Just use shared hosting.
I agree with Nathan Malcolm if you have a small community then use shared hosting instead of servers. You can try any of the available hosts which fits in your needs and budget. I would suggest stablehost, a2hosting and TinkerHost for your shared hosting needs.
I strongly recommend a dedicated server as your first expense when starting your forum. It may seem absurd, but your forum is gonna be huge and it's always smart to be over-prepared rather than under-prepared.

/s
Pages: 1 2