MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What the Guests See..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so at my place, I have it set up to where the guests have to register to see my forum.. This way it keeps snoopers, information stealers, or graphic stealers from being able to steal my *shhttufff then go post it somewhere else.

So my question would be.. Is there anyway I can modify the codes so that on the login page, there is a big graphic saying Guests need to Register to view full forum?

I think there are guests going to my forum and seeing that it says they're viewing the no permisisons page and thinking that they can't register or somethin.
You could make it so that guests can view the board, but set each forums permissions so that guests can't view them and then add a message in the welcomeblock guest to say something about needing to register.
Yeah I know I could do that, but I rather not. I do though, have my board message set telling the guests to register. I just didn't think that was enough.. You know how some people can be lol
Indeed, I was just thinking that the "No Permissions" message was a bit in peoples faces and it took me a while to notice your message telling people to register.

I was just thinking if that huge "No Permissions" message wasn't there (which it wouldn't be if you did what I said above) people would stand a better chance of seeing your own message.

At the end of the day, if they don't even click the login link (and why would they if they didn't have an account), a message on that page giving them info saying they can register is futile.

Just my thoughts.
kyla°firefly Wrote:So my question would be.. Is there anyway I can modify the codes so that on the login page, there is a big graphic saying Guests need to Register to view full forum?

You can probably stick in an image somewhere in the member_login template. (You'll find it listed under the Member Template group)
Thanks. I took MrDoom's advice and just set the permissions so that they cannot view the actual forum, but they don't get the no permission box shoved in their faces.