MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.8 AJAX/JS issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My forums, http://www.nova-gaming.uk/ , are having some issues when it comes to doing things like shouting in the shoutbox, replying to threads and quoting. With DVZ Shoutbox when you type in a shout it doesnt display it until you refresh the page, secondly, when you reply to a thread it just shows a loading symbol for ever, you need to refresh to see your comment and when editing/quoting posts it just says "loading..." I think its a JS or AJAX issue I am not too sure. However, I know it isnt a CSS/ theme related issue as I have changed multiple themes already, still the same issue. I removed all of my JS from the jscripts folder and re downloaded mybb and put the defaults in, but still the same issue. From what I remember, im not 100% sure, but I added an AJAX plugin to allow me to continue to edit templates. here it is, but I removed everything - https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=141 its called FastStyle but as I say im not entirely sure this is the cause. 

So, has anyone had this issue before? and how to fix it?

Thanks.
You have two javascript errors on your site:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addEventListener' of null
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token  in JSON at position 0

The first one is coming from maj.js which seems to be a javascript file for your theme? It may be worth asking the author if it's been installed correctly or if anything's missing.
I looked into this and maj is apart of my new theme majestic by MySkins.org I was ordered finally using a theme made by iAndrew and I had the same issue so I think something else is causing the issue...
Well, not seeing any other themes I can't comment, but you have a javascript error on your site now, and this will be breaking other javascript functionality. Fix the error and it should fix the javascript.