MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: I'm not the most skilled in coding, however I've been spending most of my time learning and trying to figure things out. 

I've been adding some plugins (some not compatible, some are) into my forum and just left the inactive ones in the public_html folder because they didn't cause any bugs on the forum (just said they weren't compatible with 1.8.10).

However I've since told the members of our unit to go register and cannot, as they are given a SQL error:
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1364 - Field 'ougc_awards' doesn't have a default value
Query:
    INSERT INTO mbb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`buddyrequestspm`,`buddyrequestsauto`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`) VALUES ('Trinkle','02c1f20402c62040dd0d48e627446563','Das0mYTc','UiYe6yT8wktVlrkgIogPQkbH0kmUQifD8U9ULObuMsG9ByI20I','[email protected]',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1484881965,1484881965,1484881965,'',0,'','','','','1-2-1990','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'10',2,'linear',0,'','',X'5164c2c3','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',1,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'') 

I've deleted all files in my root folder that are linked with ougc_awards, however I'm still greeted with that file if I try and register a new account on the forums. 

Any help is much appreciated.
all you had to do was uninstall the plugin, not delete them. 

I would suggest to reupload all the files you deleted, uninstall the plugin properly, then delete them if you wish.
(2017-01-20, 03:34 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]all you had to do was uninstall the plugin, not delete them. 

I would suggest to reupload all the files you deleted, uninstall the plugin properly, then delete them if you wish.

That was another initial problem, I could not uninstall the plugins properly. It just said they were incompatible with version 1.8.10 and that was it. Would let me delete them via the admincp.
You probably used outdated 1.6 plugins then just changed the compatibilty.
Just don't use 1.6 plugins on 1.8.10 if your using 1.8 plugins go open the plugin file via notepad and change the compatibility to 1.8 or 2. I'm aware you need plugin library just download it 1.6 version and change the version to 1.8.

It looks like you installed ougc awards plugin which version 1.6 or 1.8?
Try accessing Admin CP and uninstall the plugin completely. If you deleted the files reupload them again then try to uninstall.
Yoursite.com/admin/index.php
Moved to Plugin Support.
Quote:It just said they were incompatible with version 1.8.10 and that was it. Would let me delete them via the admincp.
Thats actually nothing more than a line in the code saying "this is for 1.6". And 99% of the plugins for 1.6 work in 1.8. Thats the only hinderance. 

You have to go into the root file for it in /inc/plugins and change the compadability line from 1.6 to 1.8....or just * for anything. Which im not sure why plugin devs didnt do in the first place and just comment saying it was tested and made for 1.6.
(2017-01-22, 02:36 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It just said they were incompatible with version 1.8.10 and that was it. Would let me delete them via the admincp.
Thats actually nothing more than a line in the code saying "this is for 1.6". And 99% of the plugins for 1.6 work in 1.8. Thats the only hinderance. 

You have to go into the root file for it in /inc/plugins and change the compadability line from 1.6 to 1.8....or just * for anything. Which im not sure why plugin devs didnt do in the first place and just comment saying it was tested and made for 1.6.

Because that's simply not true. Many 1.6 plugins absolutely do not work with 1.8 regardless of what the compatibility says. That line will literally just tell MyBB that the plugin is for 1.8* and therefore to allow the admin to install it; it has nothing to do with the functionality of the code for 1.8. Changing the compatibility line will more than likely just cause problems down the line, as it did here it seems. Installing a 1.6 plugin because you changed the compatibility doesn't change the underlying database calls, plugin functions, etc. It's a good first step but it's generally a bad idea; just because the plugin installs, as it did for OP, doesn't mean everything else will work, like uninstalling, or that it even installed correctly, or any other myriad problems that arise from using a plugin not intended for 1.8. If you're going to try using a 1.6 plugin on a 1.8 board you better try it on a test server (including install, activate, deactivate, and uninstall) before you make it live.
Of course not. Im not saying that it will work after. I said 99% of them do. The line is there to say it was made and tested under 1.6. However the devs could just comment saying that. Not fully stop you from installing. 

But a LOT from 1.6 do indeed work in 1.8. I have currently 30 or so plugins that i was interested in from 1.6 (Some they dont even have updated to 1.8 as an alternative) and they work exactly as they intended to work in 1.6. You dont know if it works properly until you try it, and you can only try it by changing the compatibility line first. 

Some do not work at all after the compatibility line is changed (needs too much to be updated), some work here and there (Depends on what you want form it), some need a couple code lines changed (can update it yourself), but a lot work just as they intended to work in 1.6.

Quote:Changing the compatibility line will more than likely just cause problems down the line, as it did here it seems.
Im not saying that his wouldnt work after changing compatibility line. And if there is one for 1.8, they should surely use it instead. But he only hit the snag by not changing compatibility line, which by so many plugins that work for 1.8 that was made for 1.6, is basically not proof that it doesnt work.

And by his account he deleted the files directly. It doesnt matter what version for MyBB it is for and whether it is correct or not. If he deleted the file that has the code for uninstalling it, it isnt going to uninstall as the code no longer exists regardless of what version it is for.