MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo!

So I'm setting up my community right now, and I've decided to use MyBB. It's been great so far, especially the modularity. Altough I need a bit of help on some things. I was hoping that that help could be provided here.

I am using the Flatty theme by Rōshi. So I'm not sure if I can even get help on this, but I sure hope so.
My website is www.vidiangaming.net
I made a test account for you guys: username/password = test/test123

Basically, in the configurations menu on the AdminCP I set the postbit to be on the left side of the thread/posts itself. This works for any normal members, forum mods, forum admin, etc. but for people with all permissions the postbit is displayed above the thread/post...

Member/Mod/Admin/etc: https://gyazo.com/884346923998c3ec2fc1fa7810bc5d61
Groups with full permission: https://gyazo.com/28c159ae598f92ad51cb05f3d3d2078d

And now for the simple question: "Admoon plis fix!"
How do I fix this!? Which template is this?

P.S.
When I was editing the footer, the copyright got waaay out of place. So I did edit it, but all the necessary information is still there. Hope that's okay. Let me know if not.
(2008-11-05, 05:51 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]With MyBB 1.4.x and 1.6.x, there are 2 postbit styles to choose from. The classic postbit has all the user details on the left of the post, the same as MyBB 1.2.x, and the horizontal postbit shows the same information above the post. A lot of people have asked how to remove a postbit style, or force it on users. You may want to do this to make sure everyone is seeing the same thing, because one postbit style works better with your theme than another, or you just don't like one of them. I'll now show you what I consider to be the best way of doing it.

First, we'll delete the option for people to change their postbit style. To do this, go to ACP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> **expand template set** --> User Control Panel Templates --> usercp_options. Now, search for this code:

<tr>
	<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
	<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
	</tr>

If you want to force the classic postbit, replace it with this:

<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" />

If you want to force the horizontal postbit, replace it with this:

<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="0" />

Now, when you go to User CP > Edit Option, you will notice the option to change your postbit style has gone. Next, we must force the postbit style we want.

If you want to put everybody on the classic postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0'

If you want to put everybody on the horizontal postbit, run this query in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '0' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '1'

Remember to make sure yout table prefix (mybb_ here) is correct.

Now, all your users will have your desired postbit style and will be unable to change it Smile Also make sure that 'ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Post Layout' is what you want to force, as this is what will be used by guests and new users.

This also works for MyBB 1.8^^
Original thread https://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
It's not related to permissions, it's purely to do with what the setting was when they signed up - changing the ACP setting won't change for existing users. The steps above can be used to force a specific postbit layout if required.
Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for your replies!
I've followed your guide and it worked without issues. Thanks a lot!!

Solved.
Still having trouble i'm new to mybb... how do i run the query... it's saying #1146 - Table doesn't exist
(2020-01-17, 05:46 PM)HDMA Wrote: [ -> ]Still having trouble i'm new to mybb... how do i run the query... it's saying  #1146 - Table  doesn't exist
Hello,
have you changed mybb_ to the prefix you have on your tables? You can check what prefix you have in inc/config.php.