MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply Underneath Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone make a plugin or modification to bring the quick reply below the post you are quoting? So when you click reply, the quick reply jumps below your post and quotes the post.
Bump. I would really appreciate this Smile
Haven't looked too deep into it but just at a glance this would be pretty difficult and time consuming. It seems like it'd probably require some core edits because of how MyBB displays the showthread page and some template editing so that the custom javascript required to actually "pop out" the new reply box and display it under the currently selected post will work. The plugin may just need to be custom made for the forum based on the theme being used. Again this is speculation but it definitely does not look like a quick or easy plugin, so I doubt it gets made for free anytime soon.

If you're willing to pay I'll look into it in more detail for you.
(2017-01-23, 03:46 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't looked too deep into it but just at a glance this would be pretty difficult and time consuming. It seems like it'd probably require some core edits because of how MyBB displays the showthread page and some template editing so that the custom javascript required to actually "pop out" the new reply box and display it under the currently selected post will work. The plugin may just need to be custom made for the forum based on the theme being used. Again this is speculation but it definitely does not look like a quick or easy plugin, so I doubt it gets made for free anytime soon.

I know it can be done by editing thread.js. I thought it would be easier.
(2017-01-23, 08:46 PM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 03:46 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't looked too deep into it but just at a glance this would be pretty difficult and time consuming. It seems like it'd probably require some core edits because of how MyBB displays the showthread page and some template editing so that the custom javascript required to actually "pop out" the new reply box and display it under the currently selected post will work. The plugin may just need to be custom made for the forum based on the theme being used. Again this is speculation but it definitely does not look like a quick or easy plugin, so I doubt it gets made for free anytime soon.

How do you know it can be done?
(2017-01-23, 11:49 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 08:46 PM)Tactrus Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you know it can be done?

PM me if you would like to discuss the plugin.
Hm, let me have a look at doing this tonight, sounds interesting.
(2017-01-24, 11:30 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, let me have a look at doing this tonight, sounds interesting.

Okay Shy