MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble connecting to database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I'm trying to setup MyBB on my website but I keep getting this error: [Image: RDygqxD.png]
I'm using the same login information as I use in php's new mysqli($connhost, $username, $password, $database); function. Should I be using different information? The database name is draked.db, I'm not sure if I should be using an actual web server address or what but I've also tried localhost and that isn't working either. I believe the issue is with the host name. I use NFSHost and have access to phpmyadmin if that helps.

Thanks.
if your webhost is nfhost.net then you cannot install MyBB forum with that hosting (see its faq)
These are the two main killers. Unless you have a different sort of account with them.

Q: What features aren't included with my account?

A: Server side scripting including: PHP, ASP, Python, Ruby, CGI, SSI, etc. Database access like: MySQL, Postgres, sqlite, etc. Shell access. A control panel. cron access. The ability to to host directory listings of files. The ability to password protect pages. The ability to do lots of hot-linking. Email accounts. Domains. Statistics or log access. SSL Certs. DNS. WebDAV. Static IPs. Support. Interactive site builders. Any sort of guaranteed uptime other than "I'll do my best". Backups of any sort. Any other newfangled thing--we are very much paying homage to early ISPs and partying like its 1999.
If those kind of things are restricted, I'd really suggest a new host, paid tend to be better.
Whoops, my apologies, I actually use NFSHost (https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net) I forgot the S. I definitely have server sided scripting as I use php and MySQL for other purposes on my site and have access to phpmyadmin. It's a paid host.
Thanks for your help.
it sounds like the details you're using are either incorrect, or there's an issue on their end - probably easiest to check with your host that you are indeed using the correct values. I know some hosts have their databases on different servers so have different IPs to your web server, so best to just check.