MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Promotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know any good forums/sites that allows Forum Site promotion and advertising?

My forum site : www.zehub.net
You really don't want to do this, because they all suck.

Your best traffic source will, inevitably, be Google. Work on Search Engine Optimisatiom and content. Instead of posting elsewhere, post on your site.
(2017-01-21, 11:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You really don't want to do this, because they all suck.

Your best traffic source will, inevitably, be Google. Work on Search Engine Optimisatiom and content. Instead of posting elsewhere, post on your site.

^ Smart man.

There are far better ways of marketing your site than newbie methods like posting your forum on promotion forums.
Promotion forums do not work, trust me, I tried that route, not once, but twice.
Here are some idea to get your forum out there.

Post on Blogs (comments) related to your topic.
Make YouTube comments and videos related to your topic.
Post on ForumPromotion and Promotions forum. Hit Admin Forums also.
Use Google and Bing Webmaster tools.
Use Facebook and Twitters I wonder if these work for smaller communities but still do it.
Promotion forums can help with adding your forum to their dictionary (but don't expect traffic), request posts/members on your forum, and getting support from other webmasters. It has some help more than amazing benefits. I have my own promotion forum as an additional option to help people get the support that is new. Smile

I highly suggest buying Facebook ads! Smile
(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]Promotion forums can help with adding your forum to their dictionary (but don't expect traffic)

Yes. That's about all they're good for.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]request posts [...] on your forum

And recieve the same generic crap that I could otherwise post myself. Seeing the flaw here? Yet to see a package service that's worth it.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]and getting support from other webmasters.

Who should be spending the time on their own sites.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]It has some help more than amazing benefits.

Uh, what benefits? Last time I checked Promotion Forums only worked to promote other Promotion Forums. That's not a benefit, that's a waste of time.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]I have my own promotion forum as an additional option to help people get the support that is new.

Uh-huh, and what do you have that is different? What are you bringing to the niche that restores my confidence in it?
(2017-01-29, 07:59 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]Promotion forums can help with adding your forum to their dictionary (but don't expect traffic)

Yes. That's about all they're good for.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]request posts [...] on your forum

And recieve the same generic crap that I could otherwise post myself. Seeing the flaw here? Yet to see a package service that's worth it.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]and getting support from other webmasters.

Who should be spending the time on their own sites.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]It has some help more than amazing benefits.

Uh, what benefits? Last time I checked Promotion Forums only worked to promote other Promotion Forums. That's not a benefit, that's a waste of time.

(2017-01-29, 07:42 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]I have my own promotion forum as an additional option to help people get the support that is new.

Uh-huh, and what do you have that is different? What are you bringing to the niche that restores my confidence in it?

Why were you taking some parts of my posts and crictizing them. I did state that they offer some help than having actual benefits. I did recommend a better advertising service. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but I wasn't stating your dislike of promotion forums amazing either. Lol
(2017-01-29, 09:13 AM)robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]Why were you taking some parts of my posts and crictizing them.

Because you're pushing services that are inherently flawed. I noticed that you didn't actually address any of my post. If you could, that would be great - because I didn't ask questions to be an arsehole, I did it because you pushed your site and I want to know why I should (if I should) join it.
There is a bug on mobile plugin, it won't let me switch back to full site. When I click "Switch to full version" it just reloads the same mobile version page.
Pages: 1 2