MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there way to backup thread and forums only and install new Mybb and restore it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there way to backup thread and forums only and install new Mybb and restore it again ? Huh
It depends on what you mean by "install new MyBB". If you're talking about a version change you're may run into problems if the newer version expects different table structure.

Thread and forums will rely on users, posts, attachments and quite a few other tables.

What problem are you trying to solve?
To have threads you need posts, to have posts you need users, and that's pretty much all the main data, so you may as well have everything.

As above, we really need more info on what you're trying to achieve.
If you have a database backup, you can import ( retrieve ) posts to a new installation.
I need remove the mybb and install it again and want backup user's and forums and thread to restore it again in the new installation
So what should I do and how to restore it again?

Check my website http://www.mazikaat.eb2a.com/forums
Make a complete backup of your existing forum and after fresh installation use merge system to merge previous database with new database .
How to use merge system :
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/merge/
u didn't understand me

i will remove mybb version 1.8.8 and install version 1.8.10 cus i have same trouble With old version
but i need only from my old version the member and forums and posts only i don't need any tablet else

Thank you all for trying to help me Smile
The point is though, in doing this you'd end up with the same data you already had, it's a pointless process to try and do. Installing just creates new database tables, so if you have data, reinstall, and import your backup, you have exactly the same as what you already had. What problems are you actually having with 1.8.8?
When I planned a migration from 1.6.8 to 1.8.9, I created a new install of 1.8.9 fresh out of the box and preserved that database. When I performed the upgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.8.9, I saved the entire database then hooked it up to the clean install of 1.8.9. The reason I did that is because there were old plugins and questionable templates plus other problems relating to the smilies, default graphics and themes and templates. There were a few customizations in 1.6 that were not compatible with 1.8.

So I replaced several tables in the converted database with ones from the clean install in order to make the changes I wanted to maintain. I dropped the converted attachtypes, icons, settings, smilies, settinggroups, signup_questions, templatesets, templates, themes, themestylesheets, and imported new from clean install.

By creating a new theme based on the new Default, I manually entered css styling and modified templates to re-create the look and feel of the old theme. Once done, put it online.

By doing that process, which was done on a local test server, I was able to plan the sequence of migration events in advance of making them on the live forum, so there was maybe only one hour of downtime total, and most members didn't see it because it was made at 4:00 a.m.

This method made it possible to see where the customization done by previous owner were, and to decide whether to drop them or recreate them. Maybe someone more experienced than I would choose a different method, but by doing it the hard way, I got a much better feel for the workings of the innards. Not bad for someone who never saw the ACP until 7 months ago.

Migration from 1.6 is much more difficult than from 1.8.8, but my forum members agree it was worth it. Looking at the requests for help in this forum, I'd say it's almost a certainty a theme is causing the problem.

What problem(s) are you trying to solve?