MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add VidMe embedding support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just a suggestion, which is that there should be support for embedding VidMe videos when making posts as it is a quickly growing video platform. I know it wouldn't be hard for people to hack this in themselves if they wanted to, but I feel that since Twitch got added to the list, so should VidMe.

27 Dec '19: Since VidMe shut down quite a long time ago now, I have decided that MyBB would not benefit from embed functionality for VidMe being implemented.
Probably best left as a plugin or custom MyCode
(2017-01-24, 07:33 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Probably best left as a plugin or custom MyCode

How so? There are so any video platforms already supported. I don't see any reason we can't add one more to the list. That being said it's always possible to add it in yourself if your brave XD
(2017-03-10, 04:30 AM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-24, 07:33 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Probably best left as a plugin or custom MyCode

How so? There are so any video platforms already supported. I don't see any reason we can't add one more to the list. That being said it's always possible to add it in yourself if your brave XD

Sites come and go; do you want a new release of MyBB just because a new video site gets popular, or a different site goes under?

BTW, I personally loathe auto-play embedded videos.