MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Shows 404 Not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After following guide, keep getting this error. Was originally going to install phpBB, but had this error too. So moved to MyBB...same thing. Dunno what it is. no matter what i do...same error. Never once have i seen install page even if i navigate directly to it.  Gave proper permissions and all. Any help is much appreciated.[Image: M3WZHRt.png]
Can you printscreen where you're putting the files, looks like they're just not in the right place.
(2017-01-23, 12:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you printscreen where you're putting the files, looks like they're just not in the right place.

Sure, when I get home. I placed a folder I labeled Forums in my root directory. Then In that folder is all the mybb files.
And you're sure you named the folder with the capital f instead of all lowercase?

If the folder name was all lowercase you'd have to access it like so.

onehitgamerstudios.com/forums/ instead of onehitgamerstudios.com/Forums/
Tried that. Lowercase etc. Same result. Heres screenshot,

[Image: YfJAG7f.png]
Have you uploaded all the files within the MyBB upload package to the directory you created for it?
(2017-01-27, 03:44 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]Have you uploaded all the files within the MyBB upload package to the directory
I just uploaded entire upload folder.
You didn't upload it into the public_html folder.
Move the folder forums ( or the folder phpbb3 ) into public_html and run the install.
Bet yah now it works Smile
(2017-01-27, 08:30 PM)johnnyvang Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't upload it into the public_html folder.
Move the folder forums ( or the folder phpbb3 ) into public_html and run the install.
Bet yah now it works Smile

Seconded, move /forums/ to /www/forums 
and then navigate to: http://onehitgamerstudios.com/forums/install/ 

If you continue to experience any issues you can post a reply and we're happy to help!