MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Selected reason is invalid' Reporting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you try to report a message you can see some reasons that are default at the forum and not mines, its like another completely differente reporting system:

[Image: UpKboVr.png]

And here you can see the report reasons of my forum:

[Image: 4CMyHLe.png]
And this is what it says: 'Selected reason is invalid'

[Image: xi6Pllp.png]

[Image: xm42mLj.png]

Sorry for not having english screenshots

And here i leave you some of the templates:

report_error
report_error_nomodal
report_reason and reasons
Revert the report and report_reasons templates to default.
(2017-01-27, 09:22 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Revert the report and report_reasons templates to default.

I can't cause it hasn't been modified, so i haven't Revert to original option
Can you give us a URL and test account? Either you've got outdated files, or outdated templates.
Okay, have had a look and it is still an issue with outdated template, I can see the old HTML being used - are you sure you're looking at the right template set that your theme is using?
Go to templates and styles and search for update templates. If you see headerinclude you have to revert to original and make a copy for posible changes on that template. Next you have it report and report_reasons templates are up to date so if problem persist disable plugins renaming dir to another one like plugins_r or something and try it.

I've seen this error due some plugins due that plugins hoooked to the same hook of mybb like MyProfile and then the template of that plugin was loaded instead new one causing that error sometimes. Other plugins can do the same, so try to see one by one using some debugger and then there you have it.

I think this issue is sometimes for a bad library of headerinclude missing or change or a bad hook switched in that modal box.

Try that and tell us if the problem persist.
Okay, i'm trying some things, i'll update this msg when i have anymore

Anyway, when i deactivate MyProfile, all the reasons that i have input appear, but it still saying 'Invalid Reason'

Now it works, reverted to original postbit_report

But i want to activate MyProfile, anyway?¿
you have to wait for upgrade or do not use that plugin.

If you use it then allways you have that error for sure, that's what i have to make my own profile system and it really worth it.
Yep
The problem is on that plugin, i think that i'll wait to an upgrade

Thanks^^