MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Time from minutes/hours ago to actual date and time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to change the time issue where if a post was posted a few minutes ago, instead of saying "posted 4 minutes ago" I'd like it to have an actual date like when it was posted two days ago ("posted 01-27-2017, 07:53 PM").

How would I go about doing this? 

I NEVER want to see 4 minutes ago or 4 hours ago type of setting. Just the date and time.
You could either modify the function my_date() in inc/functions.php or use a plugin.
With your plugin it says: "Adds a setting in User CP -> Edit Options for every user to select relative, absolute or default time display".

Would it be possible to get rid of that option and make everyone use absolute time?
Yes, it's possible.
In inc/plugins/absolutetime.php find and delete:
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_options_end", "absolutetime_usercp");
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_do_options_end", "absolutetime_usercp");

If you have set "Relative Time-Format" to NO in ACP ->Configuration -> Date and Time Formats, all users are forced to use the absolute time.
Oh my goodness, thank you soooooo very much for this!! (Also, all of your plugins are wonderful!)
You’re welcome! And thank you, too.
doylecc , thanks for the plugin and i have install it .
How can i adjust the forum time ?
I have set the "Date and Time Formats" in my ACP with my current local time .
But when i posting , the forum have faster 1 hour with my current time .
For example my time is 1pm , but my post was show 2pm .
How can i adjust it ?
Have you checked whether your timezone and daylight saving time settings are correct in ACP and in User CP ->Edit Options?
(2017-01-31, 12:51 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]Have you checked whether your timezone and daylight saving time settings are correct in ACP and in User CP ->Edit Options?

Yes , i have check in acp  and usp every things is correct .
I just confuse , why it fast one more hour ???

Just make screen shot

[attachment=38283]
Is your server time correct?
What is displayed in the footer as current time, because this part is not influenced by the plugin?
You can also go to User CP -> Edit Options and save your settings anew.
Pages: 1 2