MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Custom Background Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My theme (majestic dark) has background image in user profiles, that background image changes depending on viewing user's selection of forum background image. Instead of that, I want every user to be able to upload or select his own background image to be shown when another user is looking at his profile page.

That part has a class called "probg", what I need is making that probg background change depending on user's upload.

How can I do that?
You need to make a plugin for that.
Plugin is not needed. Just create a css class and use custom profile fields, where user can put url for the image

there is a tutorial on mybb about this, so try to use search Smile
Yeah I did, it wasn't tutorial what I found though - it was another person asking same thing.

So I did this:

<td class="probg" style="float:right; background: url('{$userfields['fid6']}')" width="100%">

This allows users to have custom background in that probg area. But when I do that, if user has no custom background, then it shows background ((unknown)) in codes instead of showing default background image. 

What can I do about that?
Use template conditional

if it is selected then show it else show the default one
I don't know php coding, I assume it's this plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464
Would be glad if someone can help me on this.