MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see image and smile in any discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i have some problem with this http://imgur.com/a/uOpeI
I cant see image and smile only in the discussion
How i can solve it?

EDIT:if someone send me a message with smile or immage i cant see... :C
Hi BearGrillz,

Please provide your forum url at all times when requesting support.

Have you checked the following:

1. The smilies are connected to the correct dictionary path. forum/images/smilies/happy.png (a common issue that a letter could be capitalized and not display the image).

2. What image host are you getting images? I know Imgur has an annoying bug when you copy image address from there, it's not an image link. We might need more information to help you with that.

3. What was the last administrative action you made before the issue occurred?

I highly believe the main issue is Check #1 as it is very common even with experienced users. If none of the followings does work, use them to explain your issue. It would be nice if you could have a test account for us to see the issue further. I hope this helps and troubleshooting our problems could resolve issues sometimes. Toungue
Please try and run SQL query - in PHPMyAdmin

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showvideos` = '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showimages` = '1';
@robbie626
here is the link http://viralgamingcommunity.com/forum/sh....php?tid=4
1) the folder is correct in fact if i go here i see the smile http://viralgamingcommunity.com/forum/smile/smile.png
2) yeah i use imgur, this was the problem
3) last action is create change some link and the logo

Last problem is the smiles

p.s sorry for my bad english but im italian :C
Hi BearGrillz,

Thank k you for your response and I made an account and I got the same error. Try Svepu' method using the SQL query in Phpadmin with the code he provided. If thay fails let us know. If you want to make my account a temporary admin to further invrsitage let me know and I can have a better look into the smilies.
Your image source is :
http://www.viralgamingcommunity.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=

Looks like a bad configuration to me.
(2017-01-29, 05:53 PM)Robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BearGrillz,

Thank k you for your response and I made an account and I got the same error. Try Svepu' method using the SQL query in Phpadmin with the code he provided. If thay fails let us know. If you want to make my account a temporary admin to further invrsitage let me know and I can have a better look into the smilies.
How i can do this? (Try Svepu' method using the SQL query in Phpadmin with the code he provided)
Im new in this world
Easiest way to fix them, is to go into your ACP > Configuration > Smilies, and hit "mass edit". Delete every broken smiley and then click "add multiple smilies", locate your folder and highlight all your smilies.

They should all now be visible, and added in one go.

Hope that helps.
(2017-02-03, 10:07 AM)BearGrillz Wrote: [ -> ]

How i can do this? (Try Svepu' method using the SQL query in Phpadmin with the code he provided)
Im new in this world

Hello,

You can do this by going your cpanel. 

Cpanel -> PhpMyAdmin - SQL

Then you click go and that should solve your problem. Smile
(2017-01-28, 08:18 PM)Robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BearGrillz,

Please provide your forum url at all times when requesting support.

Have you checked the following:

1. The smilies are connected to the correct dictionary path. forum/images/smilies/happy.png (a common issue that a letter could be capitalized and not display the image).

2. What image host are you getting images? I know Imgur has an annoying bug when you copy image address from there, it's not an image link.  We might need more information to help you with that.

3. What was the last administrative action you made before the issue occurred?

I highly believe the main issue is Check #1 as it is very common even with experienced users. If none of the followings does work, use them to explain your issue. It would be nice if you could have a test account for us to see the issue further. I hope this helps and troubleshooting our problems could resolve issues sometimes. Toungue

(2017-02-03, 09:50 PM)Robbie626 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-03, 10:07 AM)BearGrillz Wrote: [ -> ]

Im new in this world

Hello,

You can do this by going your cpanel. 

Cpanel -> PhpMyAdmin - SQL

Then you click go and that should solve your problem. Smile
Don't work...
I have tried also Trinkle metod :C