MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Character encoding errors after changing from PHP 5.6 to 7.0.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Url: www.fc-squad.de

After changing from PHP 5.6 to 7.0.5 i'm getting errors with character encoding.

Affected are the initial post at thread start, the thread title and quotes in following posts only. Not affected are posts without quotes after the initial post.

I changed nothing to config or database. The "wrong" characters in the posts are identical with the text in the message column in the database. Therefore i guess that something goes wrong while writing to the database after "saving" the post. But why happens this to the first post and quotes only and not in every post? And why was this effect not with PHP 5.6?

See screenshot attached...
What is the url specifically where the error is? Could be your database charset, or language template.
a) See this thread for a live example: https://www.fc-squad.de/fcbbmy/showthread.php?tid=318

b) I didn't change anything beside the 1.8.10 update and from PHP 5.6 to 7

c) I changed back to 5.6 in the meantime, so i suppose it might be the update itself causing the effect

d) Making the "testthread" i recognized the first time that only posts via "Post reply", "Edit" and "Reply" are effected, "Quick reply" works as it should...