MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcement Views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Announcement Views
Simple MyBB 1.8 plugin to count and to display numbers of forum announcement visits.

Installation:
  • Download and unzip package
  • Copy content from "UPLOAD" folder to the forum root on server
  • Install&Activate the plugn in ACP
  • Check plugin settings in ACP

Downloads:
Screenshots:
Changelog:

v1.0
  • First release

This plugin offers language support.

If you find any issue, please post it here or add a new issue on GitHub.

For custom themes users:

If plugin doesn't work after installation

1. check the plugins settings
  2. check theme template "forumdisplay_announcements_announcement" - if it's missing add the following wherever you want to show the announcement views numbers:
    {$annoviews}
Plugin is approved and can be downloaded on the mod page now.
This is brilliant. Great work. Can't wait to add it to my board
Thx for your response!

If you're using a custom theme on your forum, it could be that you have to include the needed variable manually into theme template.

Added an info to first post. Wink
Nice plugin, but
can you add feature to post in anouncements?

in ipboard and phpbb3 works this feature....in mybb can't see views/can't post...and i hate that...how is possible in 2017 mybb don't have this feature? ................
(2017-01-30, 11:00 PM)AlexanderPep Wrote: [ -> ]can you add feature to post in anouncements?

Sorry, but no...this is only a visits counter Wink
Hello,

Good job thank you for sharing.

The plugin works well, it installs correctly and uninstalls properly.
I use a customized theme, and I did not need to add the code between braces, it was well placed!

The remark that AlexanderPep makes is just, why this is not done in MyBB ... not being able to reply in the ads, in the admin panel it is missing in adding an ad a field link of the forum in order to redirect everything Just to a thread, so that on some ads, the user can post a reply message, if needed.

I digress a bit and I go back to the plugin you have created.
I tried your plugin, I immediately realized a slight problem, when a user visits an ad, it is incremented two visits instead of just one: s

Is there a change to make?

Best regards,
(2017-02-02, 10:19 AM)Pichorka Wrote: [ -> ]~~~~~~~
I tried your plugin, I immediately realized a slight problem, when a user visits an ad, it is incremented two visits instead of just one: s
~~~~~~~~

Sorry, but I can't confirm that...In my tests the visits counter goes +1 for every announcemet view or page refresh (F5)

But I found another issue in template replacement...it will be fixed in next plugin version.