MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: visual editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure you might have heard of this plugin for wordpress called visual composer. basically it allows us to build a site by dragging and dropping pre-made elements called visual elements onto the page, and then build the page/post so quickly as we want, with an unique design. so I hope instead of making a pre-configured layout, why don't just give us the elements to make the site? so we can play around and build an unique forum? I am not sure how it gets along with themes, but I am sure that if visual composer managed to get over that obstacle, this is possible too.  Big Grin Rolleyes Angel
Not sure it would really work for the MyBB software, since it's a forum that at its basic form, doesn't change much.
Visual composer with Wordpress allows you to add video, maps, images, testimonials, etc. (Of which, I would argue, shouldn't bloat a forum).

Can you elaborate on what you would require from the composer before I give my vote? Smile
(2017-01-29, 11:37 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure it would really work for the MyBB software, since it's a forum that at its basic form, doesn't change much.
Visual composer with Wordpress allows you to add video, maps, images, testimonials, etc. (Of which, I would argue, shouldn't bloat a forum).

Can you elaborate on what you would require from the composer before I give my vote? Smile

okay.. let's take your site as an example. 
https://forumauthority.com/
On top of the page there is the menu, and in the right side the login and signup box, underneath it latest posts, forum statistics, who is online, and in the left side as the main elements the forum categories , in the footer about us, quick link, social sharing windows. now imagine that the ability to add all these elements separately by dragging and dropping to a blank page? and if an user want they can add google map element to the right side panel instead of who is online, or a poll element, or a video player or a music player or whatever they want. at first a template is designed or use an existing one which makes an invisible grid, and then in the made placeholders the elements are dropped, then the site is deployed. there are multiple pages, like "newreply.php" , "index.php" , "viewforum.php" etc..  in mybb, and user should be able to edit each page like editing pages in visual composer in wordpress.  so we don't have to rely on theme developers to design our themes, we can design our own themes, the customizability of the mybb will be unlimited, this will also make a huge revolution in the forum software industry, vbulletin like commercial software will go out of the business because when users can design their own themes by adding a load of elements which are developed by various developers, they don't have to waste money on such a software. so like stated, then developers can develop elements to use in mybb.
I have use Visual Composer. The front end editing is not that advanced with v 1.8 of MyBB. Or, none has come up with a plugin, yet.

You could try suggesting the same for MyBB v 2.0 which is currently under development. They were planning something like Widgets in it.
(2017-01-31, 10:56 AM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I have use Visual Composer. The front end editing is not that advanced with v 1.8 of MyBB. Or, none has come up with a plugin, yet.

You could try suggesting the same for MyBB v 2.0 which is currently under development. They were planning something like Widgets in it.

I have too. I bought the visual composer for my wordpress blog. I am here talking about the backend editor, I don't think front end editor is necessary for mybb, beside it's more complicated to implement than the backend editor. yeah I suggested this feature for mybb2.