MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_sessions table crashs frequently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My mybb_sessions table crashs like every month... I always "repair" the table thought MySQL console and problem solved. But is there any way to prevent this kind of errors?

[Image: 319577b293.png]
If the table's engine is set to MyISAM you can try converting it to InnoDB, which is less prone to cause such problems:
ALTER TABLE mybb_sessions ENGINE=InnoDB;
Your MyBB version is outdated....

Please think over an upgrade to a newer version of MyBB forum software.
(2017-01-30, 11:59 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]If the table's engine is set to MyISAM you can try converting it to InnoDB, which is less prone to cause such problems:

Done. Let's see how it works. Thanks.
(2017-01-31, 12:06 AM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Your MyBB version is outdated....

Please think over an upgrade to a newer version of MyBB forum software.

Nothing to do with it.
That's right....but as far as i know, the MyBB 1.6 support has been stopped.
(2017-01-30, 11:59 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]If the table's engine is set to MyISAM you can try converting it to InnoDB, which is less prone to cause such problems:

Well, now it happened the same with mybb_threads table. I'm running the forum since 2013 and it's the first time it happens with this table. I tried to do the same but I got this:

[Image: 4fc151dbfe.png]

I will not get performance issues if I remove that index, will I? The table only contains like 12k records.
You don't really want to remove indexes, 12k rows is plenty for lack of indexes to cause an issue. You need to be on a newer version of MySQL to use fulltext indexes on InnoDB. It might be worth asking your host if they know why they've suddenly started crashing in the first place.

Also, as mentioned above, you do need to look into upgrading when possible, as 1.4/1.6 isn't supported here.
(2017-01-31, 01:50 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You don't really want to remove indexes, 12k rows is plenty for lack of indexes to cause an issue. You need to be on a newer version of MySQL to use fulltext indexes on InnoDB. It might be worth asking your host if they know why they've suddenly started crashing in the first place.

Also, as mentioned above, you do need to look into upgrading when possible, as 1.4/1.6 isn't supported here.

Do you know from which MySQL version fulltext indexes on InnoDB are supported? 5.6, 5.7?

Yes, I'm planning to upgrade the forum. The big problem is that on 2013/2014 I made a lot of custom modifications to the core which I must migrate to plugins but my free time is very limited. I hope I could upgrade it soon. Thanks for the answer.
5.6 I believe, however like I say it would be good to also find the cause of the crash rather than just masking the underlying issue.
Pages: 1 2