MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Userforums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, long time no post. I'm interested in getting myself back into using MyBB. I recently came up with a concept for a site I'm hoping to put together that would make what I am about to request the site's focal point.

If this is possible, I'd like to request a plugin I'm not sure has been requested before. For anyone who is curious about this request, I should pre-emptively clarify that I am not requesting something resembling social groups.

I'm looking to request a plugin that would let members create what I'll dub a "Private UserForum" (or PUF for short) within one's community. By creating their own PUF, "Creators" would be granted the ability to self-moderate their PUFs in however which way they desire (though how they do so is up to the admins), assign passwords (more on that later), and their own "Private Moderators" (PMods) for said PUF.

I have spent some time conceptualizing a number of ideas (and settings) that would help to further flesh out the plugin so my request doesn't seem too vague. Here's what I have in mind so far:

Options for Usergroups
  • Setting limits on how many PUFs certain usergroups are allowed to create (-1/blank: Infinite, 0: Can't create, > 0: x amount)
  • Prevent users from creating PUFs based on Reputation Level (< x), Warning Level (> x), and/or Post Count (< x)
  • Give users the option to assign and modify passwords to one's own PUF based on usergroup
  • Allow users to spend x amount of Points in order to create a PUF (this one's more of a fun idea I'm putting out there)
 Options for the plugin (and other ideas)
  • Set which forum PUFs would be moved to upon creation
  • Set which forum's settings and permissions PUFs would inherit upon creation
    While this would make the name of the plugin more of an appealing misnomer depending on how an admin chooses to set up the plugin, it would enable them to personalize the plugin in a way that would best suit their community.
  • Set which usergroup's permissions "Creators" of PUFs would inherit from (when they become the founding moderator of their PUF)
  • Set which usergroup's permissions PMods of PUFs would inherit from upon being promoted by a PUF "Creator"
  • Attach a flag in each forum that would determine whether or not it's a PUF.
    • Utilizing said flag as a means of manually resynchronizing PUFs in order to reassign permissions and settings to each forum. (Add a Resync button)
 Moderation and Member ideas
  • Allow admins/global moderators/etc to suspend a user's PUF making privileges
  • Allow "" to suspend a PUF from being operational
  • Allow Creators to modify names/descriptions of their PUFs
  • Allow Creators to assign or remove their PUF's password
  • Allow Creators to promote and demote PMods within their PUFs
  • Allow Creators to assign prefixes to their PUFs (if that isn't too much)

If there are certain aspects regarding this request that you find to be either too vague or too unclear, feel free to ask. And if there are certain ideas you want to add to the request, feel free to suggest them as well.
That's not something that can be done quickly. AFAIK it hasn't been developed before (at least a public version). Honestly, I don't think you will get someone to do it for free.
(2017-01-31, 12:39 AM)Neeeeeeeeeel.- Wrote: [ -> ]That's not something that can be done quickly. AFAIK it hasn't been developed before (at least a public version). Honestly, I don't think you will get someone to do it for free.
This.

Really cool idea though! Honestly would be interested in working on it myself, but you're talking about *a lot* of work here, so if I'm doing it for free in my spare time there's no ETA on if/when it'll ever be finished. If you're interested in paying however, definitely let me know!
(2017-01-31, 01:04 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-31, 12:39 AM)Neeeeeeeeeel.- Wrote: [ -> ]That's not something that can be done quickly. AFAIK it hasn't been developed before (at least a public version). Honestly, I don't think you will get someone to do it for free.
This.

Really cool idea though! Honestly would be interested in working on it myself, but you're talking about *a lot* of work here, so if I'm doing it for free in my spare time there's no ETA on if/when it'll ever be finished. If you're interested in paying however, definitely let me know!
Eesh. Toungue Alright, I'm up for it. I'll message you shortly. Smile
I'm super interested in this too. Hopefully it gets made.
(2017-01-31, 01:04 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
This.

Was this ever started?