MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: showthread.php? NOT Styling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2wr0x0z.png]

/showthread.php?tid=24&pid=27#pid27 is not displaying the css for my theme. I even tried to replace my code with default mybb theme code, and it does not want to show!!! It just looks horrible with no styling!!!

Author_user template is fine, and the rest of it is fine. But, not sure what is causing it. Anyone experience this issue before? I experienced this before and fixed it but totally forgot what the solution was!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Sorry, but for your hacking forum you'll get no support. - Please read => https://mybb.com/support/eligibility-policy/
Hi,

The MyBB Group offers support under the conditions of our Support Eligibility policy. It is apparent that one or more of your forums do not meet the conditions of our policy and therefore you are ineligible for support. This could be because of adult, piracy or hacking related content or because your forum does not display the minimum “Powered by MyBB” notice.

If you have any questions regarding this policy please post in the Private Inquiries forum.

Regards,
The MyBB Group.
(2017-01-31, 07:04 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but for your hacking forum you'll get no support. - Please read => https://mybb.com/support/eligibility-policy/

It's fine, the problem was Global.css. There were actually some classes missing. Specifically, these ones:

.post {
 overflow: hidden;
}

.post .post_author {
 background: #181818;
 padding: 5px;
}

.post.classic .post_author {
 float: left;
 width: 15%;
 border-left: 0;
}

.post .post_author .buddy_status {
 vertical-align: middle;
 margin-top: -4px;
}

.post .post_author div.author_avatar {
 margin-right: 3px;
}

.post.classic .post_author div.author_avatar {
 float: none;
 text-align: center;
 margin-bottom: 8px;
}

.post .post_author div.author_information {
 padding: 6px 8px;
}

.post.classic .post_author div.author_information {
 padding: 0;
}

.post .post_author div.author_statistics {
 float: right;
 font-size: 11px;
 padding: 3px 10px 3px 5px;
 color: #666;
 line-height: 1.3;
}

.post.classic .post_author div.author_statistics {
 margin: 6px 0 0 0;
 padding: 6px 6px 3px 6px;
}

.post .post_head {
 padding: 10px 0px;
 border-bottom: 1px solid #222;
 margin-bottom: 4px;
}

.post .post_head span.post_date {
 color: #7e7e7e;
}

.post .post_head span.edited_post {
 font-size: 10px;
 color: #999;
}

.post .post_head span.edited_post a {
 color: #666;
}

.post_body {
 font-size: 14px;
 padding: 12px 0;
}

.post.classic .post_content {
 width: 79%;
 padding: 0 1% 5px 1%;
}

.post_content {
 padding: 9px 10px 5px 10px;
}

.post_content .signature {
 margin-top: 5px;
 border-top: 1px solid #222;
 padding: 10px 0 4px 0;
}

.post .post_meta {
 margin: 4px 0;
 color: #999;
}

.post .post_meta a:link,
.post .post_meta a:visited {
 color: #777;
}

.post .post_meta a:hover,
.post .post_meta a:active {
 color: #777;
}

.post_controls {
 clear: both;
 background: #090909;
 border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);
}

#posts {
    background: #181818;
}

.postbit-username {
    margin: 5px 0px;
}

.postbit-box {
    background: #101010;
    font-size: 12px;
    overflow: auto;
    margin-bottom: 1px;
}

.postbit_buttons > a:link,
.postbit_buttons > a:visited,
.postbit_buttons > a:active {
    background: #202020;
 display: inline-block;
 padding: 6px 10px;
 font-size: 13px;
 color: #7e7e7e;
}

.postbit_buttons > a:hover {
    color: #fff;
}

a.button:link,
a.button:visited,
a.button:active {
 background: #101010;
 display: inline-block;
 padding: 10px 25px;
 margin: 2px -2px 6px 2px;
 font-size: 15px;
}

a.button:hover {
}

I also don't like how Mybb discriminates against what type of site it has to be to get support for something they made. I think it is asinine. I mean how does a site based around hacking going to affect Mybb directly when there software is free?

Personally, I feel that they just pick and choose who to support to be honest regardless of any "legal reason". Lets take a look at this line for example:

Note: The MyBB Group doesn't classify game or console modding as hacking, providing it is not used for malicious purposes.

Ok, so you classify my site as hacking, but you don't classify console modding as hacking... Lets look at this as a legal stand point if you want to get technical.

Modding may sometimes infringe the legal rights of the copyright owner. Some nations have laws prohibiting modding and accuse modders of attempting to overcome copy protection schemes. In the United States, the DMCA has set up stiff penalties for mods that violate the rights of intellectual property owners. In the European Union, member states have agreed the EU Copyright Directive and are transposing it into national law.

So, given that Mybb supports copywrite infringement, it is not ok to support hacking? Isn't that kind of smacking users in the face?

Like I said, they pick and choose who to support. They can support hacking sites, but they choose not too.
Yes, essentially we do choose who we do and don't support (in our free time without pay) - we could refuse to support people on Wednesdays or refuse to support people called Dave if we wanted. We're not actually obliged to give anybody any support whatsoever beyond installation. Yes, console modding is a bit of a grey area but there have been sites that don't promote any sort of copyright infringement, in much the same way that a forum with a section about jailbreaking an iPhone isn't the same as a section on how to install paid apps illegally. Ultimately though, if it is a general hacking forum, the line is more clear.