MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments not uploading/vanishing when trying to insert into post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

I was wondering if someone could help.

For, as of yet, an undetermined reason, everyone on the forum is unable to include attachments on their posts. 

MyBB reports all files/folders have the correct permissions:

http://imgur.com/a/g2S21

permissions seem correct on folders on CLI also.

306oc@306oc:~/public_html/forum$ ls -lh | grep uploads
drwxrwxrwx 59 306oc 306oc 148K Jan 31 19:37 uploads

306oc@306oc:~$ less /etc/group | grep 306oc
306oc:x:1011:www-data

When using chrome dev tools it shows no error when attempting to upload or apply. It just seems to vanish.

If anyone has any things i can go looking at to find out where the issue may lie, that would be great.

As some further info, I recently upgraded to 1.8.10 (it wasnt working before either, from 1.8.6) so i performed a full upgrade, replacing all files. 

Plugins are still enabled, although i've tried various disablement's of tapatalk and automedia. But to no resolution.

I've also rebuilt the cache and ran the applicable maintenance tools.

Plugins list below:

http://imgur.com/a/rpUZb

If you need any more info, feel free to ask.
So what process are you taking exactly - you browse for an attachment, upload it, press the button to insert into post - does it add the text to the post [attachment=xxxxx], or does that not get put in?
Pretty much exactly that Matt,

I upload it, i press "insert", page refreshes and attachment vanishes and no "[attachment=xxx]" text is generated.

To confirm, I've made sure i'm not hitting any filesize limits in the attachments config. I picked a simple small jpg from google to test.
Sounds like a javascript issue, can we have your URL and a test account?
innnnnnnnteresting. Sure of course you can.

Would you like a PM with the details?
Yep that'll be fine.
Hi Matt,

Sent you that PM. I've been looking for javascript issues like you've hinted, but I've yet to find any.

Would appreciate your view.
Okay, I misunderstood where the actual issue was, this is even stranger though.

First things to rule out, can you make sure your post_attachments and post_attachments_new templates are default (I presume they will be), make sure that ./uploads/ is CHMOD to 777, and also run a file verification check in the ACP Tools & Maintenance section to make sure all files are up to date?

If nothing seems amiss there, would it be possible to arrange FTP access so I can debug the code? What I'd usually do for something like this is log out debug data at various points in the code until I find the specific line where the error occurs, is the only way to debug really.
Also, two separate issues...

First thing is I notice you're missing a javascript variable from your headerinclude, after:

var cookiePrefix = "{$mybb->settings['cookieprefix']}";

can you add:

var cookieSecureFlag = "{$mybb->settings['cookiesecureflag']}";

You will find things like multiquoting and inline moderation won't work without this.

Second thing is your site is available both with and without www. in the URL - I'd recommend you pick one and redirect to force that. If you choose to force the www. URL, you'll just need to update your Board URL to include www.

Neither of these things will be causing the attachment upload issue, but both will likely cause you issues in the future (especially the first one) so thought I'd point them out for you Smile
Oh, that's weird, Thanks Matt i'll sort that out and see if it springs into life Smile

I have just changed the box its hosted on. So i'll sort out that re-direct. Cheers.

Cheers Matt, sat just spend 2 mins resolving that now.

Any luck on the attachments issue? I find it really odd that its decided to nope its way outta here.

Can provide any further details if you need them.
Pages: 1 2