MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oldskool IPB style skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember the good ol days skinning for Invision... I even named this .thead as a "maintitle"

[attachment=38287]

Got a little impatient working on my other theme, which is close to completion... but I have a wandering eye  Confused It seems like "flat" design is the trendy style right now but I have always been partial to this type of look for themes. Wanted to see if I still could make these things. I think it's fun to combine oldskool style with new school technique!  Big Grin

Gave this theme a big old user panel at the top. Those top links with the logo are configured into a table so they look good even in a small window. Making this theme responsive is a priority. 

Most of the backgrounds in this theme are css gradients. I think it plays well with the style while also not relying on images. 

To do list:
-sprites to icons
-change/remove image to minimize theads
-footer design
-postbit
-profiles
-calendar
-make responsive w media queries
I like it I think it's got a real good design on it Big Grin
(2017-02-01, 01:13 AM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]I like it I think it's got a real good design on it Big Grin

Thanks man. I hope to get it released as soon as I finish it and the other theme I am working on which you can also see in this subforum. If you have any ideas I would like to hear em.  Smile

When I was looking through the myBB gallery for skins I was noticing it was pretty slim pickins! That's what led me to making themes myself. I just want to give people some more options.
(2017-02-01, 02:21 AM)beautes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-01, 01:13 AM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]I like it I think it's got a real good design on it Big Grin

Thanks man. I hope to get it released as soon as I finish it and the other theme I am working on which you can also see in this subforum. If you have any ideas I would like to hear em.  Smile

When I was looking through the myBB gallery for skins I was noticing it was pretty slim pickins! That's what led me to making themes myself. I just want to give people some more options.

Will it be fully compatible with like MyAlerts, MyAwards, and such? Cause some themes will place that stuff in other random places in the theme, it just looks ugly honestly. Toungue
(2017-02-01, 02:40 AM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]

Will it be fully compatible with like MyAlerts, MyAwards, and such? Cause some themes will place that stuff in other random places in the theme, it just looks ugly honestly. Toungue

I haven't given that a lot of thought but I'll download those plugins to see how they look and make changes accordingly!
(2017-02-01, 04:56 AM)beautes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-01, 02:40 AM)THC Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven't given that a lot of thought but I'll download those plugins to see how they look and make changes accordingly!
That would be great man!