MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge with themes and plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I am pratically converting all my forums to mybb now.  Big Grin
So anyway, this one is very busy and for the others I merged I would install mybb and then do the merge from the other forum software. And only afterwards would I install themes and plugins etc. With that I would have to have my forums closed for several days (cause I am a newbie! and I do lots of messes until getting it right  Blush

I would like to know if it works out if I already have the theme and plugins installed in mybb when performing the merge? I don't understand much of dbs and everything else, I have no clue if that would mess things up. But that way it would prevent me from having the forum closed for more than a few hours.  

Or is there any way to transfer the themes and plugin modifications to another mybb forum?

I just thought of this possibility today. It would be cool because this way I wouldn't be messing the forum, but no clue if this can be done.
The merge just converts the core data - users/threads/posts etc, so, you can set the MyBB forum up, configure it as you like, and import the data. As per the name it's designed to "merge" forums (including multiple MyBB forums), so it's well suited to merging data into an "established" forum as much as it is for a clean install.
Thanks Matt!

I don't know why I never thought this was possible! It would have saved me all the downtime from previous forum merges.