MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum-1.html INSTEAD OF forumdisplay.php?fid=1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering what I did wrong during the installation of my forum for this to occur.

Instead of saying /forumdisplay.php?fid=1 it says /forum-1.html and I'm quite confused why this is happening for me.

Will this affect the way I do any coding by Template Conditionals when I use FID to lets say call forth this class instead of another, or etc.?

Send your knowledge my way because I am baffled. I've gone through settings in the ACP to see what I could have clicked and can't find anything.
It's just the Search Engine Friendly URLs setting in the Server and Optimization settings. Both work the same (otherwise none of the forum would work), they're just rewrite rules to have slightly cleaner URLs, the same style we use here.
Oh okay! So it's definitely not something that will cause an issue?

It's new to me, I've never seen it before. I installed through Softaculous, which I've done a few times before but never had this happen... which is why I got worried something was messed up.

Thank you!
Nope, won't cause any issues. You could, technically, change the URLs to be /cheese-12345.badger and it would work, as long as the htaccess and MyBB code were updated to reflect this. It's just standard URL rewriting, internally, MyBB gets sent the same values.

It may have been that the htaccess wasn't enabled automatically before, or the server didn't support environment variables (which is required for the automatic detection), but did this time so it worked Smile
Oh awesomesauce!

I did add a redirect to my htaccess.txt like this at the VERY top of the file:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html

Then changed the file name to .htaccess

Was there anything else I'm supposed to do to make sure that the new urls work fine? Or is it all already in that file? Don't want to magically come across errors in the future because I messed something up! xD

This is my complete file:
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/html application/xhtml+xml text/xml application/xml text/plain text/x-component application/javascript application/x-javascript application/rss+xml application/atom+xml application/json application/manifest+json application/x-web-app-manifest+json application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/font-sfnt application/font-woff application/font-woff2 image/svg+xml image/x-icon
</IfModule>

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change it here too
<Files "error.log">
	Order Deny,Allow
	Deny from all
</Files>
Nope, it's all handled for you - the only way it would break is if you changed the setting to 'Enabled' (not Automatic Detection), and your server didn't support URL rewrites, then they wouldn't work. Other than that, will be fine.
Thank you!!!